Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem being that close is in the shipper then. Your unit has to go to the other side of the continent to get processed and lost amongst the Christmas packages and not driven down the street.
I'm pretty sure they ship FedEx. FedEx is pretty good around here. I should get it in a day or two. Act other shipper? Yeah it travels all over the place to get down the road. Things are so much better this day and age. Everything that gets upgraded is actually a downgrade.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I thought about this the other day. They finally get around to shipping them out right in the thick of Holiday shipping. Just another thing to frustrate us on top of the wait. Oh well.......

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’ll win the bet (unfortunately)

But the wait is over now!
From the middle of next week, we will again receive sensors in the latest, greatly improved version, then deliveries of IOND will resume and customers waiting for replacement sensors will be supplied. We are doing everything we can to catch up on the backlog of deliveries as quickly as possible.
That is what they emailed me. So..... May not be Monday but later in the week?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But the wait is over now!
From the middle of next week, we will again receive sensors in the latest, greatly improved version, then deliveries of IOND will resume and customers waiting for replacement sensors will be supplied. We are doing everything we can to catch up on the backlog of deliveries as quickly as possible.
That is what they emailed me. So..... May not be Monday but later in the week?
“We will again receive sensors in the latest, greatly improved version…”

Are the sensors being delivered from the manufacturer to GHL in Germany next week? If so, the wait time for you to get one in the States would be longer right?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“We will again receive sensors in the latest, greatly improved version…”

Are the sensors being delivered from the manufacturer to GHL in Germany next week? If so, the wait time for you to get one in the States would be longer right?
Again one needs to read between the lines of what GHL is willing to say. So....at this point who knows??? This is why it's been so frustrating. They keep pulling the football away at the last second with no explanation whatsoever.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1637501617077.gif

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So..... If I'm understanding this correctly? GHL wins a first place award for something they say they can't ship to us because it doesn't work correctly yet they're tooting their own horn, trying to sell more units they can't ship out? Did the awards people actually use the IOND before giving out the award?If this is the case then get the things shipped then pat yourself on the back.
Am I the only one troubled by this?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So..... If I'm understanding this correctly? GHL wins a first place award for something they say they can't ship to us because it doesn't work correctly yet they're tooting their own horn, trying to sell more units they can't ship out? Did the awards people actually use the IOND before giving out the award?If this is the case then get the things shipped then pat yourself on the back.
Am I the only one troubled by this?
I hear you. Unfortunately awards like this are based on academic/prototype models and not production-grade products.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you. Unfortunately awards like this are based on academic/prototype models and not production-grade products.
Then.... To me the award is useless. Kinda like keeping score at school ballgames and saying it doesn't matter who wins.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep.......looks like another promised shipping date from GHL will be going unfulfilled again.
They said the week of the 22nd. I figure if I don't get a tracking # tomorrow then it's not going to happen again. Thursday is Thanksgiving, Friday is Black Friday. That leaves tomorrow to get one.
Not bad......... 7 months from the original April promise and yet we still wait. And wait, and wait and wait.
Next they'll say it's not going to ship till after the holiday season as to not put a burden on the shippers.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rooting for you guys!

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep.......looks like another promised shipping date from GHL will be going unfulfilled again.
They said the week of the 22nd. I figure if I don't get a tracking # tomorrow then it's not going to happen again. Thursday is Thanksgiving, Friday is Black Friday. That leaves tomorrow to get one.
Not bad......... 7 months from the original April promise and yet we still wait. And wait, and wait and wait.
Next they'll say it's not going to ship till after the holiday season as to not put a burden on the shippers.
Friday is just another day. It’s not anything but a shopping holiday, all banks and federal buildings will be open. That being said, we still aren’t going to see any soon I bet.
This will be my last GHL purchase ever though. As much as I love the system.. I will start integrating more hydros into my system instead.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friday is just another day. It’s not anything but a shopping holiday, all banks and federal buildings will be open. That being said, we still aren’t going to see any soon I bet.
This will be my last GHL purchase ever though. As much as I love the system.. I will start integrating more hydros into my system instead.
It's becoming a holiday. My bank is closing early for Black Friday. 2pm. GHL won't be shipping Friday. Probably won't be open.
I'm not done with GHL. I'm upset, yeah.
I can't see hydros doing what I want. There's only Apex out there and I'm not going there.
I will never ever put money down on a pre-order again though. I'll wait until the item is released and in the hands of consumers for at least 6 months before purchasing. Yeah, we got a lower price and a free bottle of reagent for pre order but at this point it's not worth it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back