Has anyone tried the Aquavitro sentia?

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was wondering if anyone used this and which other doser is best?(Only interested in WIFI dosers) Thanks!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like no one is using that dozer or perhaps they that do didn’t see this post?
san francisco GIF by Giffffr

Bum pump.

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post seems like it has been dead but still wondering if anyone has any experience with these pumps. On paper they seem like a great idea
Bought one to test myself and my god... Hands down the best doser ive used period. Ive got a GHL SA, Versa, Dos, Kamoer and this thing just beats them all. Dont hesitate to buy it if youre looking for a doser

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought one to test myself and my god... Hands down the best doser ive used period. Ive got a GHL SA, Versa, Dos, Kamoer and this thing just beats them all. Dont hesitate to buy it if youre looking for a doser
So, the only place I could find a price on them was a site that didn't have any in stock, but they had each one listed at $161/unit (Single dose head). That seems quite steep, I mean 4x $161 = $644 which makes it one of the more expensive Dosers on the market. I like a lot of the features it offers, I just wish it would pair with an auto-tester. Automated testing is the way of the future IMO, because it removes human error. Yes, there are other problems that arise (Equipment failures), but as the tech progresses, those failures will become fewer and further between.

I'd be curious to know if you had your GHL SA paired with either a KH Director or ION Director? The reason I ask is that from what I've read, the Doser(s) will auto-compensate based on testing results from the Directors, can you confirm if this is the case? I like to leave as little room for human error as possible, especially when we're talking reef chemistry.

Also, what are the shortcomings of the GHL SA Doser 2.1 that these units do better? I have been considering GHL for controllers/lighting/dosing on my next tank and would be curious to hear your input.

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to give my lfs a call. They are listed as a dealer on the website. I thought the MSRP was like 140 for the first one and the add on slave units are 100

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the MSRP was like 140 for the first one and the add on slave units are 100
Yeah, I dunno, I could only find one store online that listed pricing (after going through about 10 - 15 different storefronts) and the only price listed was $161 and some change. But if they're $140 for the first and $100 after that, that's not bad, puts them in line with the premium hobbyist grade pumps at least at that point.

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the only place I could find a price on them was a site that didn't have any in stock, but they had each one listed at $161/unit (Single dose head). That seems quite steep, I mean 4x $161 = $644 which makes it one of the more expensive Dosers on the market. I like a lot of the features it offers, I just wish it would pair with an auto-tester. Automated testing is the way of the future IMO, because it removes human error. Yes, there are other problems that arise (Equipment failures), but as the tech progresses, those failures will become fewer and further between.

I'd be curious to know if you had your GHL SA paired with either a KH Director or ION Director? The reason I ask is that from what I've read, the Doser(s) will auto-compensate based on testing results from the Directors, can you confirm if this is the case? I like to leave as little room for human error as possible, especially when we're talking reef chemistry.

Also, what are the shortcomings of the GHL SA Doser 2.1 that these units do better? I have been considering GHL for controllers/lighting/dosing on my next tank and would be curious to hear your input.
I wasnt even able to connect my GHL doser to the wifi, was running it off a usb from computer... that was the first red flag for me. Im sure the KH and ion director would compensate for KH based off tests, but if thats the case youre better off with the trident. The biggest shortcoming of the GHL doser is not being able to connect to wifi straight off rip... 800 for a doser that couldnt even run off wifi, plus the app was a pain connecting to aswell.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasnt even able to connect my GHL doser to the wifi, was running it off a usb from computer... that was the first red flag for me. Im sure the KH and ion director would compensate for KH based off tests, but if thats the case youre better off with the trident. The biggest shortcoming of the GHL doser is not being able to connect to wifi straight off rip... 800 for a doser that couldnt even run off wifi, plus the app was a pain connecting to aswell.
For each of the posts I see that have "Software/Connectivity Issues", I see them running successfully in the wild quite frequently, and just based on my readings, it seems that those who are experiencing problems are either using DualBand networks, or Mesh systems, neither of which would affect me (I have my networks split into 2 separate SSID's and run dedicated hotspots rather than a mesh). Plus, until I started to go back to college 2 years ago to pursue degrees in History and Geology, I was a network technician for 20+ years. I am fairly confident any wifi/connection issue that arises I would be able to correct for. If that's the only downside in comparison, I'll likely pursue GHL still and if I run into connectivity issues beyond my scope I will return it.

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
I just got my primary and secondary pump from my LFS. They had to order them in which took a minute as the shipment according to aquavitro was stuck on a boat.
All that aside I got a great deal at my LFS for 129 for the main pump and 89 for the secondary. The wifi setup worked although I did have to back out once to get the app to trigger the next screen. It did connect to my mesh wifi with no issues and has been working great ever since. I can't comment on using a seachum additive yet though. I am currently using all for reef.
The calibration was very quick and easy right out of the gate.
I do want to try it using a 2 part with the built in intelligence once I use up my all for reef.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank everyone who has participated with the information provided in this thread. My tank is not automated as I enjoy the manual chemical testing over the new monitoring equipment. I have dyslexia and struggle to adapt to the new Wi-Fi drive cloudy living in a modern wired world. The icon driven setup and icon documentation provided with the foreign assembled equipment is a huge hurdle for me that I have given up on trying to get over. I like words for documents, I can read them and generally make progress that eludes me when I am presented a screenshot and screen with icons that mean something to someone?
Still I can appreciate the information that has been compiled in this thread as it provides a good amount of knowledge that can help folks who want to automate their tanks parameters. Thanks for taking the time to provide a good amount of written information that others can find and use. I do comprehend the magnifying glass icon. :)
I have to go back to work now:)
1646672103831.gif

bmcyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it, it was 160ish for the main and like 100 for additional pumps. You can save multiple dosing times/amounts and if the wifi is disconnected for any reason it will still dose the exact amount you previously activated. You can change the dozer head color to keep track of what your dosing per pump. Very easy to setup and customize which is a plus for me because I just started dosing. And since you can add pumps for what you need it grows with you

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love it, it was 160ish for the main and like 100 for additional pumps. You can save multiple dosing times/amounts and if the wifi is disconnected for any reason it will still dose the exact amount you previously activated. You can change the dozer head color to keep track of what your dosing per pump. Very easy to setup and customize which is a plus for me because I just started dosing. And since you can add pumps for what you need it grows with you
How are you liking the Sentia after having it for a little while? I love my GHL, but I absolutely hate the app. It's probably one of the slowest apps out there and sometimes it doesn't load. Are there notifications for low levels?

bmcyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the Sentia after having it for a little while? I love my GHL, but I absolutely hate the app. It's probably one of the slowest apps out there and sometimes it doesn't load. Are there notifications for low levels?
I love it. Yea you can set the amount of your full container you’re dosing from and it will keep track. Give you alerts and shows how much you have left as well

Grimmj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine, app seems good no issues reconnects after power outages to the wifi no issues. The alerts work good, just remember to calibrate it since it uses the dose amount plus what you tell it as starting volume for alerts. Great bang for the buck only paid $100 for the main module at my LFS.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love it. Yea you can set the amount of your full container you’re dosing from and it will keep track. Give you alerts and shows how much you have left as well
Thanks! I'm still using my GHL for my main display, but want something different for my nano build and I like how this is modular in design.
I love mine, app seems good no issues reconnects after power outages to the wifi no issues. The alerts work good, just remember to calibrate it since it uses the dose amount plus what you tell it as starting volume for alerts. Great bang for the buck only paid $100 for the main module at my LFS.
Good to know, thanks! I'll give it a go.

Bradlas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what size the dosing lines are or of any altrrnative replacements that will work? The lines it comes with are not long enough.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back