Has anyone used the new style Biocube Skimmer?

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice skimmer compact skimmer that was not around when I started my 29 biocube in 2014. I initially used the airstone version of it, but dissatisfied, I switched it for the aquatic life 115 mentioned above. I still have the aquaticlife 115 running and I like it’s performance. Like any skimmer, needs to be taken apart and cleaned occasionally. This tank was started with this skimmer, a media basket and refugium basket with light from the back. I ended up pulling the chemipure elite and purigen out of the media basket about 3 years ago. Since then it’s been skimmer chamber 1, media basket with just floss pad, and refugium basket next to it, growing chaeto very good. I feel this 29 biocube is running better now than it’s ever been. Not a lot of bio load, 2 clowns, a coris wrasse, 2 large RBTA’s and some mushrooms.
Does the coralife skimmer fit fine in chamber 1 w/ the black intank piece that shuttles the water from chamber 1 into chamber 2 where the intank basket sits?

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad to know im not the only one out there, and if i find anything i will definately let you know. if the other works let me know please, i did order the refuge box to go with the intank media basket to increase my filtration and ordered the fuge light from BRS to go on the back... alot have said the cheato really works well for filtration so im going to try that route and i will let you know bout that as well.
Are you still reefing w/o a skimmer? How's it working out? Are you still using Chaeto?

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wouldn’t get it. Will be connecting my Biocube to my main system soon anyways that has a large skimmer. My experience with these products is that they are made so cheap that it just seams like a good deal. It isn’t.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the coralife skimmer fit fine in chamber 1 w/ the black intank piece that shuttles the water from chamber 1 into chamber 2 where the intank basket sits?
image.jpg

This is my home made version lol! This is an aquatic life skimmer which is bigger than coral life. If it’s the same footprint as the air stone model, it will fit. I had that one in chamber one prior to this one.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back