Has passive aggressive, can be interpreted as insulting comments always been the norm on R2R?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a64Ng4G.png
1568466776805.png

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed in the last few days on a lot of threads that there is a level of passive aggressiveness that I’m not comfortable with. I have read numerous posts that seem insulting and then when someone responds, the person backs off. Is it unintentional? Is it that people don’t read their posts to see how it can be interpreted. I noticed this when members have opposing views on things. Maybe it’s not even passive aggressiveness. I just know I was sitting up all night last night (we are in the hospital, my wife gave birth to our second daughter) and I was getting angry at the way some members “speak” to others on the forum. Maybe I’m wrong and I’m just interpreting things incorrectly. Does anyone else feel this way?

Not sure if you're trying to be ironic here, but your post uses passive aggressive tactics to indirectly address passive aggressiveness in a nonconfrontational manner.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why her the most? I was only kidding about the stick figures. Sorry.
It's ok sir.... they are in therapy. I apologize for putting you in the same category as Aquamaxx and Trident. They are up there with Hitler and Jimmy Carter as greatest monsters of all time.

Please except this meme in your honor as a token of my friendship.

3akuyh.jpg

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jimmy Carter! That monster! Won’t anybody think of the peanuts!;)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ok sir.... they are in therapy. I apologize for putting you in the same category as Aquamaxx and Trident. They are up there with Hitler and Jimmy Carter as greatest monsters of all time.

Please except this meme in your honor as a token of my friendship.

3akuyh.jpg

I was actually gonna PM you. I think I did the passive aggressive too good. (I was joshing) After I read it I was way past passive aggressive and into jerky territory. Super sorry, nothing but love.

If you made that sign, I owe you the next 10 frags. It shows what an amazing person you are. Sorry about the stick figure comments ;Happy

We need to start a thread how nice is some of the folks on here. :D

We just picked up our pup Friday. 9 weeks and 21 pounds already. Sweet as can be.

86B95E76-80F1-40CB-9151-72279DA09A2A.jpeg

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you're trying to be ironic here, but your post uses passive aggressive tactics to indirectly address passive aggressiveness in a nonconfrontational manner.

I was not intending to be ironic, but we can go with that :) I just wanted to see if others saw what I thought I did. I guess that just shows me how easy it is to word things in a passive aggressive way without even thinking about it. Which would make me a part of the problem I thought I saw. Whoops!:confused:

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not intending to be ironic, but we can go with that :) I just wanted to see if others saw what I thought I did. I guess that just shows me how easy it is to word things in a passive aggressive way without even thinking about it. Which would make me a part of the problem I thought I saw. Whoops!:confused:

I think that there are a lot of frustrated, resentful reefers out there. It's difficult not to get emotional about any relationship that demands unbounded amounts of time, money, and energy----and doesn't provide fair, consistent returns for what is invested.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly my least favorite thing about this forum is the feeling that one must "walk on eggshells" while typing. I quite enjoy a little bit of back and forth between people.

I must be dense because I just let it rip. I will refrain from sentence enhancers but I will say what I think. Normally if you are not full on internet ninja warrior'ing someone they will let it go. Plus I like 98.71% of the people here so that is makes it easy to not call other people's momma names.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually gonna PM you. I think I did the passive aggressive too good. (I was joshing) After I read it I was way past passive aggressive and into jerky territory. Super sorry, nothing but love.

If you made that sign, I owe you the next 10 frags. It shows what an amazing person you are. Sorry about the stick figure comments ;Happy

We need to start a thread how nice is some of the folks on here. :D

We just picked up our pup Friday. 9 weeks and 21 pounds already. Sweet as can be.

86B95E76-80F1-40CB-9151-72279DA09A2A.jpeg

Nah we are good... I singled you out because I know you are a good sport. If we were mad, I'm pretty sure we would have been in PM's.

What breed? You are going to need a frontend loader for a pooper scooper if it is that big at 9 weeks. Love the color. Congrats

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be dense because I just let it rip. I will refrain from sentence enhancers but I will say what I think. Normally if you are not full on internet ninja warrior'ing someone they will let it go. Plus I like 98.71% of the people here so that is makes it easy to not call other people's momma names.

Same here but big brother on this site has literally censored posts of mine before. I learned my lesson not to make funny jokes on this site lol.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here but big brother on this site has literally censored posts of mine before. I learned my lesson not to make funny jokes on this site lol.

Look at it this way, was fun for you and gives them something to do, Win Win. As long as they didn't come talk to you then it must have not been that bad.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back