Has passive aggressive, can be interpreted as insulting comments always been the norm on R2R?

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t come across anything aggressive. But having said that I don’t read every post so I’m probably just missing it. There shouldn’t be any drama of any kind in this hobby.
No drama? Of any kind? In reef keeping? I am clearly doing something, well, lots of things, wrong!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree..
Passive-aggressive posts do work when anot accompanied with :D;Woot;Smuggrin;Smug;Cat;)o_O;Smug:p

1568438160675.gif

I swear sometimes it must seem like I’m not understanding English. People say something mean, and I laugh jovially. They say it again in a much more mean tone. I act like I’m in on the joke “yes yes, (laughing) I’m soooo x (slaps them on the back while still laughing).” Surely there a clip like that out there somewhere.... cause I have a movie clip in my head where this happens, but not sure which one it is.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me thinks ppl evolved in small communities. Where the useful or enjoyable had help and support and as a result their genes / children survived and made more like them. Ppl who were useless or nasty did not. This made for better, stronger, smarter, kinder ppl. With all our modern conveniences this is no longer the case. In fact the opposite. Smarter, kinder ppl wait to have kids. Jack wads pop out kids without concern.

Given I believe that it’s part of our dna to function in community, it’s interesting to see how ppl act/function in a society where we are less and less personally responsible for our actions. Think of small town living compared to big city. The internet gives the ultimate anonymity. An interesting twist in the human experience.

Add to that the over saturation of entertainment these days, and the truth is easy to avoid or face.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back