Has the hype for the OG bounce mushroom died?

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few years, every time an og bounce mushroom was listed on R2R, it sells very fast. Larger ones would go for $2-3k. But lately, most og bounces for sale usually don’t sell at all. Like has the huge hype for this high end muchroom lessened? Would it be worth purchasing one now days, or not? Tell me what you think.
13474C1A-1CD5-499A-A4F3-CBD886988638.jpeg

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bounce mushrooms are quite common now, compared to wend they were first discovered.

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bounce mushrooms are quite common now, compared to wend they were first discovered.
this.

supply has exceeded the demand in regards to some "strains" of bounce mushroom.

personally, when, or if i can afford to buy an og bounce, i will. otherwise i will be perfectly content with my neptune bounce.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this.

supply has exceeded the demand in regards to some "strains" of bounce mushroom.

personally, when, or if i can afford to buy an og bounce, i will. otherwise i will be perfectly content with my neptune bounce.
Most so called high end mushrooms will end up like most high end Zoas, first time I saw a Krakatoa was around 1000$ I see them now for as little as 40$, the more there are, the less collectible they get.

TheSuspiciousFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just asked my importer about these this week. He said they used to cull out the "bounces" before export because they were damaged. So they were expensive because one would slip through here and there. They stopped culling them when they got popular.

OP
OP
reefz

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just asked my importer about these this week. He said they used to cull out the "bounces" before export because they were damaged. So they were expensive because one would slip through here and there. They stopped culling them when they got popular.
That’s crazy.

OP
OP
reefz

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most so called high end mushrooms will end up like most high end Zoas, first time I saw a Krakatoa was around 1000$ I see them now for as little as 40$, the more there are, the less collectible they get.
True. I remember when walt disney acros we’re a $500+ frag. Now you can get one for around $150.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few years, every time an og bounce mushroom was listed on R2R, it sells very fast. Larger ones would go for $2-3k. But lately, most og bounces for sale usually don’t sell at all. Like has the huge hype for this high end muchroom lessened? Would it be worth purchasing one now days, or not? Tell me what you think.
13474C1A-1CD5-499A-A4F3-CBD886988638.jpeg
Always wanted, well out of my range price wise.... however in thinking if they are starting to come down? ' Basic' Mushrooms have always done extremely well in my tank for a few decades. I've sold some off to LFS etc. So my question is are the more high end expensive species more difficult to keep or pretty much the same as any other? If its the latter I'm going to give it a go at the more expensive varieties. Not 2 or 3 g's expensive, but a few hundred, then certainly....

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted, well out of my range price wise.... however in thinking if they are starting to come down? ' Basic' Mushrooms have always done extremely well in my tank for a few decades. I've sold some off to LFS etc. So my question is are the more high end expensive species more difficult to keep or pretty much the same as any other? If its the latter I'm going to give it a go at the more expensive varieties. Not 2 or 3 g's expensive, but a few hundred, then certainly....
Im still waiting to get a OG purple monster for 25$, might take a wile though

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is just the natural progression. Expensive corals that grow well become cheap. Cheap people like me sit and wait. You should see the beautiful $40 jawbreakers I got.
40$ JB’s?!? wow!

i’m here hoping OG bounce’s get as low as 200 minimum.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im still waiting to get a OG purple monster for 25$, might take a wile though
Is the price point on Mushrooms just for the exotic nature of them or is it also based on difficulty of care? I've always had great luck with shrooms but before I pounce on the heavy $ ones just curious.... might start a separate thread....

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price tag and rarity for hand and hand. The rarer the coral the more is expected to pay for it. How many people on R2R have a reverse superman mushroom?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the price point on Mushrooms just for the exotic nature of them or is it also based on difficulty of care? I've always had great luck with shrooms but before I pounce on the heavy $ ones just curious.... might start a separate thread....
Some of the fancy ones do grow slower, but I think it's a lot of people taking advantage of deep pocketed noobs.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing I don't get is why ppl are spending a weeks salary on TORCHES.

I don't get it when torches don't have brilliant colors like a lot of LPS
For some is like the stock exchange, it’s very rare to see people spending high dollar on a coral that can’t take fragments from like scolys

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some is like the stock exchange, it’s very rare to see people spending high dollar on a coral that can’t take fragments from like scolys
Eh the stock exchange is like the stock exchange. This hobby is always a money losing proposition in the long run.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back