Have any of your fish grown larger than the supposed 'max size' for said species?

Have any of your fish grown larger than the supposed 'max size' for said species?

• Total voters

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per title.

Just out of curiosity. If yes, what was the expected max size, and what size did it/they actually reach?

Of course, different sites/sources can specify different max sizes as well, so feel free to state where the expected max size you got was/were from.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an absolutely massive royal gramma that was about 3-4 inches long and at least 3/4" thick...
Well that certainly fits the bill lol. When I think royal gramma I don't ever think of anything more than 8cm in length... how long did you have it? Was it a big eater?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had an absolutely massive royal gramma that was about 3-4 inches long and at least 3/4" thick...
Wow! That must've been an awesome monster!

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that certainly fits the bill lol. When I think royal gramma I don't ever think of anything more than 8cm in length... how long did you have it? Was it a big eater?
Still alive to this day. Had it for more than 4 years at the least if I remember correctly. Ate voraciously.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still alive to this day. Had it for more than 4 years at the least if I remember correctly. Ate voraciously.
That's awesome. I always pondered this - I know there are some 'river monsters' that grow really, really large. Always wondered how large marine fish can get if they are fed heaps and heaps.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back