Have Nanobox, want to simulate the AB+ ecotech?

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks! I've got a Nanobox Duo over my Reefer Nano. I want to simulate that AB+ program that Radion is doing, but I'm not quite sure where to push my levels on the Nanobox to get close to it. It has 2 channels, the channel 1 is Cyan/Blue/Royal Blue and channel 2 is White/Lime/Violet. Would I just set my Blues channel to 100% and the Whites channel to 24%? Quite a few people on the forums have mentioned running their Radions at lower intensities as they're not running their lights 24" off the surface like the study people were, like say 55%. I'm not sure how or if I can even do this on my Nanobox via Bluefish. I would assume it has something to do with Dimming, but can't seem to find a setting for that in Bluefish anyplace. My light is suspended about 6-7" above the water line.

I'm currently running a morning ramp of 77 blue/18 whites, midday of 85 blue/50 white and night time of 60 blue/0 white.

Was thinking of just switching my program over and running the 1 hour ramp up/ramp down into full 6-7 hour photoperiod day.

Would I be safe just going 80/20 from the get go? Only worry is with no intensity setting that I can find, I might wind up nuking my guys hah.

Thanks in advance to anyone able to help! :)

OP
OP
North Borders

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, thanks for the bump!

I took a long look at my lighting schedule as I had it and decided to just hop right into the 80/20 to start. So this thread will probably morph more into data collection for others that may be wondering how to do it with these lights. (they're very popular over at Nano-Reef.)

oysterk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this, and keep on posting about nanoboxes! I just got my nanobox quad installed, I'm very excited.

OP
OP
North Borders

North Borders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ran 80/20 for a couple of weeks. Moved to 84/21 for a week or so and have now moved to 88/22. I'm running my lights for about 9 hours with a 1hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down where they're primarily blue with a touch of white. The results have been pretty good so far. I'm getting good colors back in my SPS and everything seems pretty happy so far. There's no 'dimming' on these like the Radions use, but after talking to Dave who builds the units, he suggested just starting at the target with the light 6-7" off the surface. So far so good!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back