• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Have to break down 180g tank - need price help

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to unforseen circumstances, I'm having to break down my 180g set up. All the livestock and everything is gone already. I need to get rid of the rest of this stuff now. Since this was not planned, I had given no thought to selling anything or what I could sell them for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm hoping to sell most local to the middle TN area. I'd be willing to ship some things though.

180g tank with corner overflows. Painted back glass, a couple small scratches, nothing big or major.
Standard sand painted ocean green (I think) on the outside and multiple coats of Killz and appliance epoxy white on the inside. I will touch up the paint on the inside and outside of stand as I still have some of it.
Eshopps R-200 sump with fuge.
Uniclife DEP-4000 controllable DC submersible pump
Accel Aquatics bio-pellet reactor with Maxi-jet 1200 pump
Coral box QP-16 wave maker with controller
Coral box QP - 9 wave maker with controller
Coral box Reverse Nano wave maker with controller x 2 - only one in picture, the other was still in the house
Eheim 300 watt heater - may actually have a second one of these as well
Aqua UV 40 watt sterilizer - I used the DEP-4000 to run it. Bulb only has like 3-4 months use on it
Jebao DC return pump - will get model when I get home today
Neptune Apex EL with wifi - has EnergyBar 832, also has salinity, pH and temp probes, I've kept them in a container of water since draining the tank
35 gallon water storage tanks x 2 - one had only salt water in it, one had only RO/DI
Screenshot_20210614-220323_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210614-220258_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210614-102924_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210614-102927_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210614-102937_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210614-220308_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210614-220320_Gallery.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump again for any help on pricing this stuff out. Really need to get this sold.
Here is what I did; maybe this can help.

Set up a spreadsheet.
Each product product listed in column A
Current Retail Price in column B
Discount Factor in column C
Sale price calculated in column D

Wet goods should be 50-75% discount according to condition. Premium wet goods like MP40s can be higher.
Lighting: if it high end stuff it retains more value so 25-50% discount according to age and condition. If it is entry level stuff then bigger discount.
APEX: 25-35% discount.

Easy then to add it all up into a package price.

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I did; maybe this can help.

Set up a spreadsheet.
Each product product listed in column A
Current Retail Price in column B
Discount Factor in column C
Sale price calculated in column D

Wet goods should be 50-75% discount according to condition. Premium wet goods like MP40s can be higher.
Lighting: if it high end stuff it retains more value so 25-50% discount according to age and condition. If it is entry level stuff then bigger discount.
APEX: 25-35% discount.

Easy then to add it all up into a package price.

Hoping to sell most locally but will use this concept to try and set all that up.
Definitely selling the tank/stand/sump local lol. Not shipping that :)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to sell most locally but will use this concept to try and set all that up.
Definitely selling the tank/stand/sump local lol. Not shipping that :)
A local, package sale should be the goal. Help the buyer understand the SAVINGS they can make in a package deal by being transparent and doing the pricing/savings detail work for them. GLWS!

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back