Have we lost some some great people/contributors?

Discussion in 'Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis' started by Gmj4409, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Gmj4409

Gmj4409 Active Member R2R Supporter

It appears both Humblefish and Melypri1985 have been noticeably absent as of late. They have been tireless contributors and countless members have reached out to them for help. I first hoped it was just the holidays but now I’m not so sure.
    These are huge losses if indeed they are gone! I would like to start the new year with a preemptive Thank You to these two and all the others (I won’t list for fear of missing somebody) who contribute so much help each and every day!

drstardust, Zack K, Big G and 4 others like this.
    Tags:

2. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Indecision may or may not be my problem. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

I think it may just be a matter of having to deal with the craziness of the holidays. These folks all have families and real jobs and responsibilities to attend to outside of the forum :) give it a little time and I'm sure they will be back in full force ready to help folks with fish diseases ;)

3. Paul B

Paul B Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Partner Member 2019

I think my Buddy Humble may have gotten ich. But I will reach out to hin to see if he is OK.
    Hopefully so. :cool:

4FordFamily, dede, Zack K and 9 others like this.
  4. Gmj4409

Just read a post from yesterday from Derekc who noticed Humble has added ‘moved on’ to his profile.
    :(

Zack K and Big G like this.
  5. Fin

Fin Is it wet yet? R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Louisiana Reef Club

Self imposed quarantine for Humblefish? Following...

jsker and Big G like this.
  6. Deinonych

Deinonych Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

My guess would be a hiatus due to the holidays.

7. Paul B

Paul B Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Partner Member 2019

I sent him a message, no response yet.

Maritimer and Big G like this.
  8. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Spotlight Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member 2018

On my way to Utah I visit a good friend in Dallas and I as well did a surprise visit to Meredith @melypr1985.
    We talked a bit and she showed me her DT in the shop she works.
    We didn't talked much on R2R level but I do understand.
    There always will be others that step up and make this site the best reef site on the internet.

9. lagatbezan

lagatbezan Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I hope its not ich and its just a water quality issue that gets resolved quickly and easily with a few water changes aka drinks!
    he is a really great guy! hope everything is well with him as well.

Zack K likes this.
  10. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Both are really great members. As you guys have mentioned, both of them have worked tirelessly to help our community by dropping TONS of great knowledge on us! I'm hoping (along with the rest of you) that we'll see both of them back after taking a holiday break. They're not only great members of the community but great individuals that I'm proud to call friends. Here's hoping to a great 2018 for both of them (and that we get to spend it with them here as a part of our community).

11. Gmj4409

Amen! All of the above and sooooo patient!

Maritimer, jsker and mdbannister like this.
  12. Idoc

Idoc Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Build Thread Contributor

I've definitely noticed their reduced participation. I can only imagine how overwhelming to them when so many tag them in messages! Im sure others will step up and help as well if they are taking a little break.

dede, Zack K, Flippers4pups and 2 others like this.
  13. leahfiish

leahfiish Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I noticed too, I hope everything is okay.

Maritimer likes this.
  14. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

Like most here, I can only guess as to "whys".

Like nearly all here, I find myself deeply in Humblfish's and Melypr1985's debt.

I can only wish them well, and hope that they return when they're ready. Meanwhile, I'll do my best to pass along what I've been able to learn from them and others - including the philosophy of concern and sharing they've helped set as the standard of Reef2Reef.

~Bruce, a mere apprentice

Empress, lagatbezan, Idoc and 10 others like this.
  15. Flippers4pups

Flippers4pups Fins up since 1993 R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

I've leaned on them both of them to help in answering members questions, because they were both excellent in details and depth of responses. I too only hope they are taking a break and will be back at some point.

Guess it's time to roll up the sleeves and pitch in.

Idoc, Maritimer, 4FordFamily and 2 others like this.
  16. Zack K

Zack K The LPS Guy R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I couldn’t agree with you and Bruce more. They gave such detailed responses of their findings, its more than imaginable. I wish both of them the best!

17. bubbaque

bubbaque Never enough SPS R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

@twilliard use to contribute and help a ton also but don't see him much anymore.

Zack K likes this.
  18. Flippers4pups

Flippers4pups Fins up since 1993 R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

In a pinch, there's always their "stickies" to fall back on. It's tough sometimes for "Papa Flipper" to find the time to answer questions day and night in their detail. I'll do what I can, when I can. Lol

Zack K, Idoc, Maritimer and 2 others like this.
  19. Flippers4pups

There's word he's back with us.

Idoc, mdbannister and 4FordFamily like this.
  20. easternreefer

easternreefer Well-Known Member ETRC Member Build Thread Contributor

If I recall correctly humblefish was in the middle of some very large life changes.. moving to a new area to start either a new venture or to start over. IF he is in the middle of this.. time is at a minimum for anything but what he is doing in real life. Having made a similar move just a few years ago it is the most stressful, physical, and emotionally taxing thing I have ever done. Hopefully he will be back when he has time and or the energy.

Zack K, Gmj4409, Idoc and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted