Have you bought, Would you buy and What is so special about this light?

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I just saw this light listed on ebay and was a bit shocked

New 12W Watt PAR38 Led Aquarium Dimmable Reef Coral White Blue Grow Light | eBay

It specifies a price of $860. 99 and is listed as[h=1]New 12W Watt PAR38 Led Aquarium Dimmable Reef Coral White Blue Grow Light[/h]
and it states they have sold 20!!!!

My question as the title states is "Have you bought, Would you buy and What is so special about this light?"

I know leds are the new thing and non dimmable par38 bulbs are expensive but $861 :waaaht:

For that kind of money I would expect amazing growth where you put in 1/4" frags and have full size colonies within a month. Would any of you consider this light?

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it's a name brand, with name brand LED's, absolutely not. You'll find most of the underpriced, and in this case way overpriced, lights on ebay are pretty much useless...

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on the link where it says '20 sold' and you'll see that those 20 were between $55 and $60. NO idea how that relates... whether it's a typo on the price, or directing to another items sales.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have imported numerous PAR38 LEDs. At first they were great sump lights and I like them in my house.

That said the Cree LEDs last 50,000 hours...The drivers inside some of the PAR38s only lasted a year or so. Just long enough for the warranty to expire.

You have to be very careful of the brand and the warranty. Sadly there is no 5 year track record on LED PAR38s.

Unless you are convinced on the total quality and track record of the PAR38 I would pass.

Bill

OP
OP
Steelerfan747

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have imported numerous PAR38 LEDs. At first they were great sump lights and I like them in my house.

That said the Cree LEDs last 50,000 hours...The drivers inside some of the PAR38s only lasted a year or so. Just long enough for the warranty to expire.

You have to be very careful of the brand and the warranty. Sadly there is no 5 year track record on LED PAR38s.

Unless you are convinced on the total quality and track record of the PAR38 I would pass.

Bill

Oh no no, please don't think I was considering this light. I just found it outrages and wanted to share

j3st3r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are probably out of stock so instead of closing the listing they raise the price so that no one will buy it so they can keep the listing active. I repair cell phones and most of the sellers I buy from do this when they are out of stock on an item.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back