Have you done Secret Santa before? What did you give and what did you get?

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
I once did a reddit secret Santa it was a total bust. I got some local sauces and spices for bbq which I thought was neat but the guy kept asking me if I liked it for weeks even though I had told him I’m waiting till Christmas to open it and he got all upset that I waited.
The guy I bought a gift for was super ungrateful, I had stalked out and figure he was always complaining about cold ears and always wearing hats so I bought him a ushanka hat. Which I thought was a interesting gift and wasn’t exactly cheap but he didn’t think so and I got a “Thanks, I guess, it’s not really what I wanted” as a response for that.
Im sorry your receiver didn’t appreciate your very thoughtful and obviously useful gift. I hope you have a better experience this year! Don’t let them sour your wonderful giving holiday spirit ;-)

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
While I didn't do the SS thing here on R2R I've done others. I think it's the spirit of giving that is what makes it fun. I don't care what I get and that's not what it's about IMHO. You can't go into it expecting to get something. You will likely get disappointed if you are in it to receive something in return. Of course there are some folks that are generous and will go above and beyond.

Me personally, I prefer to do SS stuff for deserving families. For me it's much more rewarding. If you ever want to see something and do something fun. Drop $200 at Starbucks and pay for peoples coffee. Just sit there and watch people get free coffee.. It's fun.. Just that the cashier can't tell who did it. At a Mc D's drive through pay for the person behind you.

I had someone in front of me at a Starbucks drive thru pay for my coffee one time. That really was very nice of them and it just put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. I've since paid it forward and it really is rewarding to know that you put a smile on someone's face.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

I did secret Santa last year and in the spirit of secret Santa I won’t say what I gave but it was well over the amount they asked us to spend. The person who had my name was amazing they were actually I think from what I was told was out of the country. So about two months later I received theirs. It was great because they gave me a fish feeder and I still use it, they gave me five pound bag of gummy bears (sorry those are lll long gone, it just became so much fun well umm biting their heads and feet off lol), I also received this amazing whiskey that I still havnt opened. Now the only reason is I’m deathly allergic to alcohol (not the stuff used in hospitals , just the kind you drink). So it sits on top of my entertainment center and every time I watch the goonies I know one eyed willie is there watching with me, (yes I slide a patch over the skull lol). But it’s a lot of fun.
I’d like to do it again but with my current situation well not sure it would work because I’m kinda immobilized and not at home. But as soon as I’m released from the zoo (just kidding), hospital and I have a way to get from point a to b then of course. Granted lol disclosurer I can’t drive my Jeep any more it’s been since cut in two, but lol if I can go cart my self to the mall then oh yeah shopping spree. Sorry folks the lfs is like 12 miles away and I have one arm.

In all seriousness it’s super fun if you love to give and just make someone’s day. I didn’t care if anything clmes
Back to me, but I was excited to see if they liked my gift. Yes I love last years and still use the items today (well they haven’t moved since the first (not that I know of), but it’s such a neat experience and the people on here are just wonderful people.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

I did secret Santa last year and in the spirit of secret Santa I won’t say what I gave but it was well over the amount they asked us to spend. The person who had my name was amazing they were actually I think from what I was told was out of the country. So about two months later I received theirs. It was great because they gave me a fish feeder and I still use it, they gave me five pound bag of gummy bears (sorry those are lll long gone, it just became so much fun well umm biting their heads and feet off lol), I also received this amazing whiskey that I still havnt opened. Now the only reason is I’m deathly allergic to alcohol (not the stuff used in hospitals , just the kind you drink). So it sits on top of my entertainment center and every time I watch the goonies I know one eyed willie is there watching with me, (yes I slide a patch over the skull lol). But it’s a lot of fun.
I’d like to do it again but with my current situation well not sure it would work because I’m kinda immobilized and not at home. But as soon as I’m released from the zoo (just kidding), hospital and I have a way to get from point a to b then of course. Granted lol disclosurer I can’t drive my Jeep any more it’s been since cut in two, but lol if I can go cart my self to the mall then oh yeah shopping spree. Sorry folks the lfs is like 12 miles away and I have one arm.

In all seriousness it’s super fun if you love to give and just make someone’s day. I didn’t care if anything clmes
Back to me, but I was excited to see if they liked my gift. Yes I love last years and still use the items today (well they haven’t moved since the first (not that I know of), but it’s such a neat experience and the people on here are just wonderful people.
Omg what happened to you sweetheart?! Sorry to derail thread. PM or tag in other thread if you’d prefer!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

You are hilarious and showing great spirit !!!!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
OP
OP
DawnfromPa

DawnfromPa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. My elf gave me a large reef roids, large coral frenzy, large bottle of coralaminos, formula 2 large pellet food and a huge full box of orange safety glasses.
20191204_182344.jpg

20191204_182447.jpg

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am excited to join everyone in the secret Santa this year. I am new to this site and new to the Secret Santa.
I am very generous and am wondering what people have given and received. I can’t wait!!! Share your experience.
My first time doing secret Santa here I gave a $100 gift card to WWC and gave it before Black Friday and cyber Monday this way my draw could get the most for his money. I got a marine depot gift card haven’t checked to see how much but it’s the thought that counts. Happy Holidays everyone
Steve

DEWreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Being on disability I was not able to go all out but i spent 4x the gift amount hahaha. Shipping was almost 20 bucks. Check your elfster's tracking was sent.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
My first time doing secret Santa here I gave a $100 gift card to WWC and gave it before Black Friday and cyber Monday this way my draw could get the most for his money. I got a marine depot gift card haven’t checked to see how much but it’s the thought that counts. Happy Holidays everyone
Steve
I agree . Happy holidays and $100 is VERY GENEROUS !!!!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Being on disability I was not able to go all out but i spent 4x the gift amount hahaha. Shipping was almost 20 bucks. Check your elfster's tracking was sent.
And. . . that was very kind and more than generous.
1576356665344.png

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
I agree . Happy holidays and $100 is VERY GENEROUS !!!!
Thanks but in this hobby $100 is not that much but hopefully he was able to get the Black Friday and cyber Monday sales WWC had so he got the most for his money? I truly enjoy Christmas I love surprising people.
Happy holiday everyone

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks but in this hobby $100 is not that much but hopefully he was able to get the Black Friday and cyber Monday sales WWC had so he got the most for his money? I truly enjoy Christmas I love surprising people.
Happy holiday everyone
$100 for me goes a long way. $40 for ship and $60 to spend. If I add $60, we're talking 4-6 nice frags.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back