Have you ever woke up to realize you were drunk bidding on coral?

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha. At least you have an excuse!
Yea I'll definitely be using this as an excuse, still waiting for some other members stories to make me feel better about myself but on a serious note I should definitely try to cut back on the drinking it's not good for my 39 year old liver.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to go to AA Acro Anonymous, I woke up this morning to empty beer cans and a highest bid that ends in 12 hours. Has anybody else bought expensive coral while intoxicated and didn’t remember the purchase till the morning?

6453E3D6-0889-4324-9BF2-D00B02BDA04F.jpeg
Funny story. Had a long night out once and a guy that imports corals sent a message to our WhatsApp group. I ended up buying a 3 pack of cyphastrea and a baby hammer. I totally forgot about it. He texted me the next day and asked what time I was going meet up with him. I backtracked my conversation and was like............. But he threw in a cool green plate. Still regret it though.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done some real dumb stuff drunk. Thinking back, its a act of god I'm still alive from some off the things I've done. I quit drinking all together 4 years ago.

Now my coral bids are legit! and I can mentally function on saturdays and sundays.

I didn't start getting hangovers until I was 33, around 36 I started getting the 2 day hangovers, I stopped drinking after that.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny story. Had a long night out once and a guy that imports corals sent a message to our WhatsApp group. I ended up buying a 3 pack of cyphastrea and a baby hammer. I totally forgot about it. He texted me the next day and asked what time I was going meet up with him. I backtracked my conversation and was like............. But he threw in a cool green plate. Still regret it though.
That's hilarious, I'm regretting mine even though the bidding ends in 10 hours so I might be in the clear fingers crossed. The frag looks like the size of a zoa head no lie and no returns if it dies just some Joe blow seller on eBay so I could be out $100.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done some real dumb stuff drunk. Thinking back, its a act of god I'm still alive from some off the things I've done. I quit drinking all together 4 years ago.

Now my coral bids are legit! and I can mentally function on saturdays and sundays.

I didn't start getting hangovers until I was 33, around 36 I started getting the 2 day hangovers, I stopped drinking after that.
Yup story's sound all too familiar but at least I'm not drinking and driving like when I was young but I really want to stop now because I enjoy running which drinking defeats the purpose of trying to be healthy but congrats on stopping that's awesome.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's hilarious, I'm regretting mine even though the bidding ends in 10 hours so I might be in the clear fingers crossed. The frag looks like the size of a zoa head no lie and no returns if it dies just some Joe blow seller on eBay so I could be out $100.
It’s an acro I’m assuming? The size of a zoa head? Wow. Good call on that drunk bid ;Hilarious

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, let's see if we can turn this into a positive. If you win the bid, re-name it the Drunken Acro (a rare, one of a kind), and offer it back up for sale at twice the price! :eek:

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, let's see if we can turn this into a positive. If you win the bid, re-name it the Drunken Acro (a rare, one of a kind), and offer it back up for sale at twice the price! :eek:
Being that it’s the size of a zoa head, it’d take a very late Saturday night end time for another snag.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can undo a eBay bid. I found this out after accidentally typing 222 for a $22 bid on wwc auctions. I was like... nooooo. Much more careful since then.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to go to AA Acro Anonymous, I woke up this morning to empty beer cans and a highest bid that ends in 12 hours. Has anybody else bought expensive coral while intoxicated and didn’t remember the purchase till the morning?

6453E3D6-0889-4324-9BF2-D00B02BDA04F.jpeg
Yea once ask wholesaler to order me one box of corals, he imported 18 boxes... figure that?

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can definitely relate to every word in this post. The 2 day hangers especially suck! Lol. Congrats on 4 years

Back