Have you seen My Octopus Teacher on Netflix?

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There arent enough movies and documentaries about marine life on NETFLIX. Ive seen it and I loved it, made me even want to buy a pygmy pacific octopus. Watch "Chasing Coral" if you havent seen it. Best thing ive seen.
Chasing coral was definitely pretty cool as well

fishkeepinginasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoiler alert!!!

Great documentary of a South African man that made friends with an octopus and documented his journey with her. Loved seeing the kelp forests and all of the creatures, fish and sharks.
This is on my watch list. I also want to read The Soul of an Octopus.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spoiler alert!!!

Great documentary of a South African man that made friends with an octopus and documented his journey with her. Loved seeing the kelp forests and all of the creatures, fish and sharks.
It's on my watchlist!

Webbstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched this last night. Great story. Did give me a question though at the beginning he talked about the fluctuation of sea temps but we tend to keep our tanks at a very close constant is there a reason this works in the wild and not in homes? Does this temp fluctuation kill off parasites? Anyway just a thought I had

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a glass octopus necklace with a mother and baby. There is no sacrifice like the mother octopus. She literally gives all.
You will enjoy this documentary then. It touches upon that without me ruining it for you.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a baby one in my nets once it was about the size of a silver dollar ,,, threw him back in after half hour watching him try to get out of bucket(he made it out)

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a baby one in my nets once it was about the size of a silver dollar ,,, threw him back in after half hour watching him try to get out of bucket(he made it out)
They’re escape artists. And very brilliant animals. Although I do like to eat octopus, I kind of feel bad now.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished watching the movie and if you don’t get just a lil lump in your throat then your dead inside,, a must see tv

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished watching the movie and if you don’t get just a lil lump in your throat then your dead inside,, a must see tv
Same here buddy. Her eyes just looked so human. Too bad octopuses have short life spans.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back