Have you seen My Octopus Teacher on Netflix?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoiler alert!!!

Great documentary of a South African man that made friends with an octopus and documented his journey with her. Loved seeing the kelp forests and all of the creatures, fish and sharks.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoiler alert!!!

Great documentary of a South African man that made friends with an octopus and documented his journey with her. Loved seeing the kelp forests and all of the creatures, fish and sharks.
He more than just made friends with her, he basically spent 3/4 of her entire life with her, spending every day for close to 200 days underwater with her.
That alone in and of itself is amazing to me

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He more than just made friends with her, he basically spent 3/4 of her entire life with her, spending every day for close to 200 days underwater with her.
The ending captivated me. The hug. Then her mating and her sappy eyes. Watching the fish and a brittle eat at her before the shark came in and took her away. Was saddening but part of life. Octopus have short life spans.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ending captivated me. The hug. Then her mating and her sappy eyes. Watching the fish and a brittle eat at her before the shark came in and took her away. Was saddening but part of life. Octopus have short life spans.
That had me balling, not gonna lie... that last hug.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoiler alert!!!! Lol

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That had me balling, not gonna lie... that last hug.
It was sad. It was almost like she knew it was time for her to go. Perhaps it was a production scheme but the next time he saw her, the mate was there and that was the end.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was sad. It was almost like she knew it was time for her to go. Perhaps it was a production scheme but the next time he saw her, the mate was there and that was the end.
Maybe it was a ploy.... but I feel like they are intelligent enough to realize

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it was a ploy.... but I feel like they are intelligent enough to realize
I love diving but have never seen an octopus. But now it’s going to be my life goal. Beaches where I live are closed and even diving is restricted.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total spoiler alert lol! Great documentary. I fell asleep before the end im still going to finish it even though I know how it ends now haha.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total spoiler alert lol! Great documentary. I fell asleep before the end im still going to finish it even though I know how it ends now haha.
I put spoiler alert at the top. I knew either myself or someone else would spill the beans. Good ending though.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting. I haven't seen it yet. Just added it to my list for later.
Cool. If you’re an ocean geek like me, keep an eye out for all the little creatures throughout it.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back