Have you seen our new market (beta phase) yet? Searched for or listed an item?

Have you took a look at the new marketplace? (check all that apply)

• Yes I have seen it

Votes: 124 33.2%
  • I have listed an item for sale

Votes: 12 3.2%
  • I have searched for an item

Votes: 43 11.5%
  • No I have not seen it

Votes: 237 63.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Boom! What did you get? Where are you in the process?

(Neptune Guide Rods) 3D printed Trident guides. I've paid via PayPal and am awaiting a tracking number.

I just noticed that when I try to search for the item, it does not appear in the results. I had to manually scroll down to find it.

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. One problem is navigating backwards. Breadcrumb would be nice if the main menu options are going to change after clicking the new beta market link.

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we are finally moving forward with a better marketplace and while it's still in the "basic beta phase" we are very excited about how this could be an amazing tool for the community! That being said WE NEED YOUR HELP so we can start to populate it with equipment and corals. So please answer a few questions!

FIRST READ THIS: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-about-listing-an-item-in-our-beta-marketplace.840939/

1. Have you took a look at the new marketplace? Searched for something to buy or added an item to sell?

2. What are some cool additions we can do to make the market better? If you can think it, we can make it happen...probably!

3. Would you add an item and link back to it here so we can populate the market and test it out?

BANNER EMAIL 800 X 8002 copy.jpg
I will want to check it out but I did not know anything about it but it sounds like a great place and I am sure it will be beneficial to us all.

gerajn01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe I'm saying this but I don't care for the format. I'm usually a picture person however for whatever reason having the photo being the hotspot of the post just takes away. I enjoy having the location and bold top left corner and then item and bold next to it. Maybe would be helpful if you just added price without having to click on the post. Obviously if the person is interested they can click on it and then see the photos. Just my thought

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we are finally moving forward with a better marketplace and while it's still in the "basic beta phase" we are very excited about how this could be an amazing tool for the community! That being said WE NEED YOUR HELP so we can start to populate it with equipment and corals. So please answer a few questions!

FIRST READ THIS: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-about-listing-an-item-in-our-beta-marketplace.840939/

1. Have you took a look at the new marketplace? Searched for something to buy or added an item to sell?

2. What are some cool additions we can do to make the market better? If you can think it, we can make it happen...probably!

3. Would you add an item and link back to it here so we can populate the market and test it out?

BANNER EMAIL 800 X 8002 copy.jpg
Well I have searched for corals and gave up. Why? Because I can search by us states but if you want it somewhere else you have no option to search. Not even by major countries let alone counties.
for me in the uk it is kind of useless at this stage as a buyer and therefore I will wait till the basics are introduced first.
I would like to able to search by category locations and keywords.
I would like to see standardised categories so search will be precise.

order results by price and distance
See images in search results.

Looking for features something like eBay’s in short.

I will check back time to time to see if it works for me.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't believe I'm saying this but I don't care for the format. I'm usually a picture person however for whatever reason having the photo being the hotspot of the post just takes away. I enjoy having the location and bold top left corner and then item and bold next to it. Maybe would be helpful if you just added price without having to click on the post. Obviously if the person is interested they can click on it and then see the photos. Just my thought
Try using the list view!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I have searched for corals and gave up. Why? Because I can search by us states but if you want it somewhere else you have no option to search. Not even by major countries let alone counties.
for me in the uk it is kind of useless at this stage as a buyer and therefore I will wait till the basics are introduced first.
I would like to able to search by category locations and keywords.
I would like to see standardised categories so search will be precise.

order results by price and distance
See images in search results.

Looking for features something like eBay’s in short.

I will check back time to time to see if it works for me.
This is exactly the feedback we’re looking for! We will be implementing these types of things first!

gerajn01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try using the list view!
List view is better. I attached some recommendations if you can read my chicken scratch lol also, I don't like how you can't read all the questions reefers have asked the seller. Often, my question would be answered already.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210708-161217_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210708-161217_Chrome.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 20

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others said there are search issues. In the home page search bar it says to try searching by location. When I search for a state, it says that there are no listings.
Also, I don't see how to simply search by state at all besides the map. If I want to see everything in Florida it looks like I have to zoom into each area, like zoom in on Tampa, zoom out, zoom in on Miami, zoom out, etc. If I am wrong, it needs to be made clearer how to do it. Thanks for making and working on this!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
List view is better. I attached some recommendations if you can read my chicken scratch lol also, I don't like how you can't read all the questions reefers have asked the seller. Often, my question would be answered already.

ooh me likey

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As others said there are search issues. In the home page search bar it says to try searching by location. When I search for a state, it says that there are no listings.
Also, I don't see how to simply search by state at all besides the map. If I want to see everything in Florida it looks like I have to zoom into each area, like zoom in on Tampa, zoom out, zoom in on Miami, zoom out, etc. If I am wrong, it needs to be made clearer how to do it. Thanks for making and working on this!

For sure and working on this!

dkfrosty1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it Looks good from what I am seeing. I agree that the map is a good feature. I like to shop livestock as close to home as possible to reduce cost//time/shipping stress.

mrlavalamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to search for "skimmer" and only one actual skimmer comes up in the results.

When I scroll down the main page for the beta market I see several different skimmers.

Something is wrong with the search function in that it is not actually searching for the words entered well.

Other than that I like it so far.

The old forum system is painful to use because if you search for "skimmer" in the selling forum you get TONS of results, most of which are already sold, and you cannot tell until you get into the thread and look through the responses or if the seller updated the main post.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I put a listing up but I don’t see it. Doesn’t show under my threads. Tried hitting back on my browser but nothing shows.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back