Hawaii aquarium fish update: renewed request for a ban

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a local fisherman in Hawaii and a direct participant in this process, i respectfully disagree with some of your characterizations. It just comes off as an outsiders perspective that lacks a strong grasp on what actually takes place here in Hawaii. Many people get wrapped up in concepts that no longer exists and overlook important facts that are currently a reality. I do appreciate you sharing information so others can see what’s taken place and to participate in our local civics process. Aloha
Hi @Kona Diver , first off I respect the democratic process and congratulate all those involved. I am particular happy for all of those like yourself who have committed great skills and dedication to your trade.

Not sure what you mean by characterizations coming from an outsider. My characterizations are about the trade, I was a member of.

My perspective on this bill is purely to observe and allow the Hawaiian democratic process of law to complete. I think it important for those outside of that arena to be witness to that process and be aware of all arguments or concerns.

I don't think this is the end unfortunately, as they may be a legal appeal process.

Like many things in disputes its the lawyers who are always the winners.

We have a saying in these parts, "You know its cold outside, when the lawyers have their hands in their own pockets."

Best wishes to you, your family and community.

Peace be with you. Tony.

PS. I do have a tentative link to Hawaii, I was born in a house less than a mile from the first European who stood foot on Hawaii was born, Captain James Cook. 1778. Some wish he had never arrived :)

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles tangs and many reef fish aren’t just anywhere, they live in specific habitats. You may come across one or two here or there but unless you really know where to look, that’s all you will see. A typical spot where they hang there will be hundreds

Would be awesome to see :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back