Hawaii Fish Ban Affected Species

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a lot of posts about this the last week or so, but I haven't seen a comprehensive list of affected fish. I know some folks have mentioned the convict tang, but they are all over the world, so they will likely still be available, just in smaller numbers. The top few that I keep seeing mentioned as unavailable or limited availability elsewhere are:

Yellow Tang
Yellow Eye Kole tang
Potter's Wrasse
Moorish Idol

What are some other species we can expect to see shortages of?

If someone has a link to a site that lists aquarium fish and where they come from, that would work as well. I just want to know what I should be looking out for in the next month or so that may be difficult to get later.

OP
OP
Fink

Fink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

more than just aquarium fish but they are here
Thanks, that is helpful, but not exactly what I was looking for. There are a lot of fish that are in Hawaii, but can be found all over the world, I was more looking at which fish should we expect to become scarce. This list has the Flame Angel, but those are available everywhere and likely won't become scarce.

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create With Mom: Something Fishy with Duck Tape Sheet | Duck tape, Duck tape  crafts, Duct tape crafts
this is the rare duck tape fish it breathes air and likes key chaines it has been banned for all contrys and is a sadfish speses there natral habatat is the crab rave sene.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back