Hawaiian Flame Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus jordani) and Radiant (Halichoeres iridis) QTed together????

Aquatican

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a C. jordani to put through QT in advance of a tank upgrade (nano to 150g). My questions is, can I add an H. iridis to my QT at the same time. The C. jordini is 2" but the H. iridis at my LFS is 3.5". Of note, the H. iridis is eating pellets, but the C. jordini has been ordered online, so I have no idea whether she is eating or not--she arrrives in 24 hours.

My goal is to try and keep trio of wrasses in my new DT that I will finish setting up in about 6 weeks. I have a fully grown male Melanurus in my 35g nano that I would like to add to my DT at the same time or a little after the C. jordini. (and possibly with an H. iridis).

Any info or advice on making this happen (or not) would be greatly appreciated!

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a C. jordani to put through QT in advance of a tank upgrade (nano to 150g). My questions is, can I add an H. iridis to my QT at the same time. The C. jordini is 2" but the H. iridis at my LFS is 3.5". Of note, the H. iridis is eating pellets, but the C. jordini has been ordered online, so I have no idea whether she is eating or not--she arrrives in 24 hours.

My goal is to try and keep trio of wrasses in my new DT that I will finish setting up in about 6 weeks. I have a fully grown male Melanurus in my 35g nano that I would like to add to my DT at the same time or a little after the C. jordini. (and possibly with an H. iridis).

Any info or advice on making this happen (or not) would be greatly appreciated!
I have C. Jordani and H. Iridis. QT'ing them together shouldn't be a problem since they both have peaceful dispositions. I recommend adding them both to the DT a day or two before you add your mature male Melanurus.

OP
OP
Aquatican

Aquatican

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have C. Jordani and H. Iridis. QT'ing them together shouldn't be a problem since they both have peaceful dispositions. I recommend adding them both to the DT a day or two before you add your mature male Melanurus.
Thanks, SaltyT for the reply! C. Jordani arrived safe and sound this morning and received a 30-min Formalin bath before going into the QT. Will pick up the H. Iridis tomorrow or the next day and begin QT protocols.

By the way, should I put a second bowl of sand in the opposite corner of the QT or can they share the one?

P.S. Your Leopard wrasse avatar is a looker! I imagine it has turned male which is a shame because I like the female colors better.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, SaltyT for the reply! C. Jordani arrived safe and sound this morning and received a 30-min Formalin bath before going into the QT. Will pick up the H. Iridis tomorrow or the next day and begin QT protocols.

By the way, should I put a second bowl of sand in the opposite corner of the QT or can they share the one?

P.S. Your Leopard wrasse avatar is a looker! I imagine it has turned male which is a shame because I like the female colors better.
Only the Iridis will use the sand so one bowl is fine. You can add some pvc pipes or something similar for the jordani.

Sadly I no longer have the leopard in my avatar. I had her for 3 years she was transitioning to male when I had to break my tank down to move into temporary housing while my house was being built. I just got another female last week. I like the female coloration better, too.

Post some pics of your jordani and iridis once they've settled in your QT!

OP
OP
Aquatican

Aquatican

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only the Iridis will use the sand so one bowl is fine. You can add some pvc pipes or something similar for the jordani.

Sadly I no longer have the leopard in my avatar. I had her for 3 years she was transitioning to male when I had to break my tank down to move into temporary housing while my house was being built. I just got another female last week. I like the female coloration better, too.

Post some pics of your jordani and iridis once they've settled in your QT!

The jordani showing off on day 3. Eating brine and mysis shrimp. The iridis is in a bath and will enter the QT shortly.

Attachments

• PXL_20210122_005339588.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210122_005339588.MP.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 18

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back