OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled all the corals, separated the base rock from the big flattish rocks and now just need to scape it. I have no plan of exactly what I want, just gonna start piling up the base rocks and go from there.
Here's some pics of the tank at the moment and the corals which survived the transfer from a month ago which I was presently surprised I had somewhat minimal losses
20210821_165939.jpg
20210821_165957.jpg
compared to how bad it could have gone suffering with huge losses. Although really my main goal was to hopefully not lose any of my prized fish which was 100% successful. Will post up some pics in a couple hours of the finished product.

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@HB AL how's the reef doing?

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HB AL how's the reef doing?
Been working alot but the "reefing's" doing good. An update is due so.... the Crosshatch triggers can't happen right now so I added another trigger of course, a baby Undulated(that's 7 triggers now), a Red Sea Broomtail Wrasse(becoming my favorite fish). And I forgot I added a Japanese Dragon Eel yesterday! Heres a vid from a few days ago. I guess it's my crazy version of a predator reef tank.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been working alot but the "reefing's" doing good. An update is due so.... the Crosshatch triggers can't happen right now so I added another trigger of course, a baby Undulated(that's 7 triggers now), a Red Sea Broomtail Wrasse(becoming my favorite fish). And I forgot I added a Japanese Dragon Eel yesterday! Heres a vid from a few days ago. I guess it's my crazy version of a predator reef tank.

Really trying to see that dragon eel ! That’s awesome

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really trying to see that dragon eel ! That’s awesome
Right now hes chilling out deep in the rocks as he had a good meal last night. I will try and get a pic or vid. When I feed my fish if he's hungry he'll come out, then it's like a fire drill, run to the fridge and get some food in him before he grabs a fish during his frenzied state, it's pure comedy.

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I've owned many different types in 35+ years of keeping aquatic animals. I was actually planning on getting a large Snowflake eel but I got a call from the owner of one of the lfs's I go to letting me know that he had picked up some eels including the large snowflake i was waiting for. So when I got there he shows me my large Snowflake but tells me to check out the other eels before buying the Snowflake. So before I could even ask how much$$$ he gives me my price which was to good to refuse for such a cool creature.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Who made the tank?
Have you lost anything while transferring?

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is an Aqua Japan. My only real goal after the transfer was to not lose any of my fish, mission accomplished. As far as corals go I did suffer some losses but sold the good stuff just before the transfer, gave some away and a friend is holding on to some. The only type of coral that I experienced losses on were acropora as I was expecting.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great!!

Back