HD's 144 1/2 Moon

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pawn shop. The chronics usually sell stuff around this time after Christmas.
Wife is going to kill me if I spend anymore. I’m gonna have to pull teeth just to spend like 15 this weekend for some more snails I lost in the move.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newest members. I didn't want to post my CBB for at least a week because my last one didn't fair to well. So this one was eating well at the lfs, I watched him for awhile and he looked good so I snagged him. After he went into his new home he was acting fantastic! Picking at the rocks, swimming all over the tank almost like it was in there for years. Then things started going down hill. He became sluggish and not eating so I was expecting it to give up and die like the last one. I seen a few of you with the cleaner wrasse so I had to have one. About 3 days after the CCB went in I found one, little did I know these two fish would become buddies. He perked right up and the are like inseparable. So without further ado Meet Lucky and his sidekick Lefty.

IMG_20190121_145959.jpg

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same day I bought Lucky I aslo bought a Yellow diamond Goby, he wasn't so lucky. He found his was into my over flow in two Swift jumps as soon as I put him into the tank! Arhh right? What are the odds!

While trying to retrieve him I think I hurt him or he hurt himself trying to get away. Sad...
I decided to go with one a little more chill so here is the Pink Spotted Goby. Cool fish and doesn't pile stuff up.

IMG_20190121_171511.jpg

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a bummer, I got a great deal on an open box Tunze 3155 ATO. I finally started setting it up this morning. It doesn't work, the water level ok light stays on but nothing else seems to work. Zero alarms, no water pumping, I can mess with the floats and nothing. Plus side is it has a warranty. Guess I will have to go through the replacement process. I was so excited to get it going today...:(
Sorry! Tunze has excellent customer service. Roger is great.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry! Tunze has excellent customer service. Roger is great.
No complaints! Roger did answer my questions. But, I opted to let the place I ordered from take a stab at fixing it. I was extremely happy, they replaced the unit and it is up and running now. Great unit, I even ordered the nano for my wife's, it should be here today.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about mini maxis. What are the pro cons? Would really appreciate it.

Mini maxi’s can be placed anywhere, sand, rock, high or low.

Of all the kinds of nems I’ve had, these moves the most for me when I first put them in. But once they found their spot they never moved again.

I find they like lower flow, straight at them I assume for catching food.

They are photosynthetic but I always feed my nems on occasion. No real schedule.

I’m a firm believer that you can get any nem to stay where you want if you provide a good surface for their foot, appropriate flow and light, and feed it once a week or so for the first couple months.

Mini maxi nems need a hole or crevice to attach their foot as the pull themselves into that hole vs balling up like other nems.

Hope this helps a bit.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mini maxi’s can be placed anywhere, sand, rock, high or low.

Of all the kinds of nems I’ve had, these moves the most for me when I first put them in. But once they found their spot they never moved again.

I find they like lower flow, straight at them I assume for catching food.

They are photosynthetic but I always feed my nems on occasion. No real schedule.

I’m a firm believer that you can get any nem to stay where you want if you provide a good surface for their foot, appropriate flow and light, and feed it once a week or so for the first couple months.

Mini maxi nems need a hole or crevice to attach their foot as the pull themselves into that hole vs balling up like other nems.

Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks so much. Don't have any anemones at this time. Tried rock flower but they came so tiny, they just disappeared, never to be seen again. May give these a try. Thanks again.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No complaints! Roger did answer my questions. But, I opted to let the place I ordered from take a stab at fixing it. I was extremely happy, they replaced the unit and it is up and running now. Great unit, I even ordered the nano for my wife's, it should be here today.
Glad all worked out.

OP
OP
hdsoftail1065

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and I decided to take the day off and piddle with the tanks and relax some. We have been battling cyano for a while in the 32 and things are finally clearing up. Finally got the tunze nano ato delivered and setup.

Opted to hold off on the chemiclean for now and only use it if needed.

Continued the weekly 15-20% water changes, repositioned the 1k to the side of the tank horizontally and set it to 100% Gyre mode (made a huge difference), removed the filter floss, hung chemipure blue so the water fall from chamber 1 rolled down it into chamber 2. Two weeks ago stocked another jar of Algeabarn 5280 pods and added cheato to the 2nd chamber. Ton of pods for a 32 but I like overkill. Now I'm getting ready to direct the cheap power head on a couple of nems on the front rock so 2 the 3 on that rock can go to their new home. She is wanting that rock to disapear so she can put @Katrina71 gift in her tank!

This afternoon water test on 144. Who knew playing hooky could be so nice!

IMG_20190123_113219.jpg

IMG_20190123_113045.jpg

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back