Healthy Hardy Cultured Clams VIDEO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At Pacific East Aquaculture we stock lots of cultured clams in a wide variety of colors. Our clams are hardy and easy to keep!

We have some great specials and lots of WYSIWYG to pick from. Find them here:
https://pacificeastaquaculture.com/collections/clams-2

V_M0312_2000x%203_zpsubjleuxd.jpg

Learn more here:
https://pacificeastaquaculture.com/blogs/coral-farming-in-the-solomon-islands

U

User1

View Badges
I may have missed it, if so apologies, but do you use any supplemental lighting in the green house for the clams or is it all natural? If natural just wondering, more out of curiosity than anything else, what a Seneye would show for par.

I think it is really cool what you are doing and hope the business does well. I know once I'm ready to introduce a clam into my system that I'll be stopping here. Will probably only be a blip in the grand scheme of things but I always enjoy your updates so thank you for taking the time and adding a video.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed it, if so apologies, but do you use any supplemental lighting in the green house for the clams or is it all natural? If natural just wondering, more out of curiosity than anything else, what a Seneye would show for par.

I think it is really cool what you are doing and hope the business does well. I know once I'm ready to introduce a clam into my system that I'll be stopping here. Will probably only be a blip in the grand scheme of things but I always enjoy your updates so thank you for taking the time and adding a video.

We do not use any supplemental lighting in the greenhouse. We use blue shade in portions, except over Acropora and clams. It is very difficult to view corals in the greenhouse and appreciate their coloration. Its always amazing to see them under LEDs.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still sad about missing the tear drop, but the majority of my clams ordered from PEA are growing quite well. I don’t think anywhere else is even worth considering for clams.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still sad about missing the tear drop, but the majority of my clams ordered from PEA are growing quite well. I don’t think anywhere else is even worth considering for clams.

Got in another Noae and a Tiger Crocea this week, but they sold before they hit the site. Will try to get some more in. If you'd like one please email me and I'll notify you before posting on the site.

20190313_1410493_zps5mvgarqz.jpg

20190313_1410292_zpsicqb1mld.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back