Heard of Reef Factory yet?

NoviceReefKeeperAustralia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone,I'm a mad Reef Factory fan.

The list of products I use is quite extensive, id like to answer any questions you may have about their products?

i hope everyone can enjoy these innovative products as much as I have.

i switched from radion xr30 g4 12 months ago and havnt looked back
Iow use the Reef Flare M!
the pop in color is soooo good.

Heres my YouTube video on the PAR reading of this par monster:

You can find a heap more on the youtube on this range

Other items im using are:
Reef Bar x1
Kh keeper
smart roller m
Salinity guardian
Ph meter
Tds meter
Single head doser (independent dosing on actions for kh keeper)

My next items I want to add on will be
Thermo controller to replace my in bird
And the 4x doser to replace the kamoar

Any questions please ask as I love to help :)

20230213_085906.jpg 20230213_085844.jpg 20230213_085835.jpg 20230213_090046.jpg

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like that most of there products require an app to interface with them. They look like quality products but give some buttons.
I guess that's the way the world is going towards though.

The smart roller has a manual turn button and is the latest release so maybe that means some will have buttons going forward?

hanny012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not so sure atm. i invested in reef factory but support is now working on why the third ph meter has failed, the support is probably the best i have ever known but how many times do you want them to keep sending new meters, i sort i wished i went with ghl

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not so sure atm. i invested in reef factory but support is now working on why the third ph meter has failed, the support is probably the best i have ever known but how many times do you want them to keep sending new meters, i sort i wished i went with ghl
The grass is never greener on the other side.

Trust me, I've tried most of the controllers and they ALL have issues.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had gone with DOS or Red Sea. Reef Factory doser works nicely but my unit continually loses connection and I can't make adjustments without unplugging and replugging the unit a few times. Service is great! But consider this: Red Sea dosers use wifi and ReefBeat app. If you can't use wifi, you can use a local network. If you can't do that, you can connect directly to the device. If a Reef Factory unit can't connect to wifi, just hope you aren't overdosing anything.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had gone with DOS or Red Sea. Reef Factory doser works nicely but my unit continually loses connection and I can't make adjustments without unplugging and replugging the unit a few times. Service is great! But consider this: Red Sea dosers use wifi and ReefBeat app. If you can't use wifi, you can use a local network. If you can't do that, you can connect directly to the device. If a Reef Factory unit can't connect to wifi, just hope you aren't overdosing anything.
You can connect directly to reef factory devices.
They have there own hotspot.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I connect to the device hotspot/access point, the app just says device offline and going to dosingpump.io just loads a screen that never completes loading--I've tried that a million times just to change which wifi the device is connecting to and nothing. Worked the first time but haven't been able to connect that way since. I can do a factory reset using the magnet, but it would be nice to at least be able to screen shot my schedules first, but can't even get that much. Worked amazing for about a week, though!

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to see if I can access my Flair pro blue because the app always says it's offline. I've accessed enough to set up a cycle of lighting at least. So far the app I'm not happy with at all.

dowdalld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have RF Flare Pros and a Thermo View. I have no complaints about the lights which I think are competitively priced. The Thermo View works well but assembly quality was poor, the front plastic cover just fell off the first day I had it.
I really like the design aesthetic and the ability of each item to work alone or as part of an ecosystem, BUT I think they are overpriced for what they are and the recent App update is a step backwards.
This week I had to decide between continuing down the RF path and buying their pH probe or going in a new direction with Apex. I chose Apex. Apart from the considerations above, the fact that a pH probe intended for a marine aquarium can only be calibrated at 4 and 7 raises questions for me.
RF seem to want to be a one-stop-shop for both software and hardware and are moving rapidly, I hope quality doesn't get left behind....

-Craig-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there I have the refractory thermo controller and the fan is always on resulting in the temperature fluctuating. Any ideas why that is as I have done a factory reset a number of times but always the fan remains on. Any help appreciated.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there I have the refractory thermo controller and the fan is always on resulting in the temperature fluctuating. Any ideas why that is as I have done a factory reset a number of times but always the fan remains on. Any help appreciated.
You probably should raise a support ticket direct with RF though their website.

They don't reply to support issues here

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to see if I can access my Flair pro blue because the app always says it's offline. I've accessed enough to set up a cycle of lighting at least. So far the app I'm not happy with at all.
I figured out that if I go to wifi and choose the light and hit manage router it takes me right in and I can do anything I want. No idea technically what that backdoor way would be called.

-Craig-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will contact reeffactory first thing tomorrow had a few things to do today but thanks for the heads up.
You probably should raise a support ticket direct with RF though their website.

They don't reply to support issues here

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back