OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has gotten even bluer under MH that it was when I got it. The polyps are almost as blue as the coral.

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go, as promised, side by side of Peng's Heart of the Ocean and Oregon Tort. You can definitely tell which one is more blue. :p Also I have to say hats off to @Peng as he is definitely one of the best non vendors I have received coral from. In fact he ships better than some vendors I have bought from. :p

Boom-5335.jpg
Wow, this is insane. I have to find a frag.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to place my 2nd SPS order with Boom Corals,,, he will just have to wait though :) ,,, ordered my HOTO frag from Peng instead,,, its still healing in his tank,, should be about ready to ship ,,, I can't wait to get it :)

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, in terms of color, this coral very much resembles my old "Tony's Cookie Monster" which very few people got. The growth form is much different though, HOTO has much thinner branches. Maybe that means it would grow faster lol.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did acquire a frag from a local reefer and it's exactly the same sps. He doesn't even know the ID of the Blue acro and plus it's a slow grower ... in my system that is.

It is and does have an intense Blue coloration overall!

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Farmer....if I come look at it at your place, I would end up doing some frag shopping...:D

Corey

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely looks like a vermiculata that is holding it's blue well. Given it's from figi it's more likely a vermiculata and not a tenuis since most all the blue tenuis are coming from Aussie. I could be wrong but that's just my thoughts on what it is. I have seen a lot of really nice blue vermiculata but haven't grown one out yet unfortunately. I tried a few of the Aussie blue tenuis colonies but they seemed to be very touchy and most died for no apparent reason other than the normal shipping stresses. I figured I would wait for a healthier piece later on.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back