OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can get reddish polyps way deep into the body where the light does not hit. Peng had some colony pics in his for-sale thread, but everybody else has been growing out frags since Peng lost his. I have about a tennis ball sized mini colony now, but it is under a glass center brace (old oceanic style) and I am really bad with photos anyway and that makes it impossible.

This is the coral that everybody wants when they come over... perhaps even more than Purple Monster. Ed is the next for me to trade with and then I should have some more later in the year. scchase got his from me, so if anybody ever trades him, it is legit.

Pengs pic:
Price Dropped - Collector's Pack (Deepwater Heavy)

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the frag that I cut for Peng resting on one of my OBTs. This is a crappy pic and unedited, but you can see a clear color difference. If somebody wants to saturate the OBT to match some of the pics online, then just imagine how blue the HotO would look. This is one difficult coral to photograph.

Unless your OBT is a different coral than mine and everybody else's on this thread, then the HotO is going to be bluer.

Thank you! Finally, someone took a picture of a happy oregon and happy HOTO together.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with JDA this is the hardest coral I have to take pics of the camera hates it, moved mine into the main tank last week, hoping it likes its spot.

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is starting to get going at a good clip. I really like to trade, not sell, though. If anybody has real-deal RR Jaw Dropper, they would jump straight to the front of the line.

Whisperer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
85D37F55-0C8E-40E0-B317-AB532467CA35.jpeg
I have this small colony that is deep blue. Not sure if this is the same as yours guys. Seen is a flame angel, not sure why his right eye is like that in the pic but it’s totally normal.

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is starting to get going at a good clip. I really like to trade, not sell, though. If anybody has real-deal RR Jaw Dropper, they would jump straight to the front of the line.

A 6 pack of frags including HotO went for $320 shipped. I don't think you're going to quite get a $1600 frag for HotO. Sorry man.

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll probably start a thread when it encrusts and grows a little bit. It is not that impressive right now, for sure. Ty warned me that it was a slow grower, so I am prepared for the worst.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s different for everybody. Ty has purple monster that’s growing well for him but slow for most. I got a JD a couple weeks ago and it’s growing well already.

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PM is growing OK - at least at OBT speed. It is faster than my PP is.

Now, I have to get the BKChem Gummi Worm and see if a long-time theory is correct - that they are the same coral.

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted about the AquaSD MOG coral a little while back, not trying to discredit anyone. Don't know where the coral came in first or if there were multiple, but I believe the BKchem Gummi Worm and AquaSD MOG are the same coral. Not sure of the species, it's very unique. Like an Echinata with bulby tips. I think the RR JD is a completely different species, imo. Either way, they are both awesome corals. Open to opinions?
*Photos just for a comparison*
BGW3 2.jpeg
ASD Mother Of God 1 - 350_zpsunogdzq0 2.jpg

BGW1 2.jpeg

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gummy worm is sold by cornbread he has one the chem dude got it from. that’s where I got mine cornbread and chem confirmed it’s the same with me. The aqua SD is different I had both and killed both yea not happy

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see what all the hype is about this Acro. I’m not saying it’s not a nice Acro but you guys are blowing up this one way out of proportion.
I agree with you. It’s a nice coral but it’s just blue and should be around the $100 the other blue corals are. The only pic I’ve seen that has impressed me is Pengs original pic.

I got my Oregon blue tort from brofragenstein on the previous page and it’s as blue as his pic shows. Yes more blue than the other Oregon torts posted in this thread.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back