Heartland man tragically dies of apparent palytoxin poisoning hours after cleaning aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I’m dead serious. I declare Habeus Corpus: “Produce the Body.” Because we can no longer trust our news sources in this country it’s a crying shame.
I don't want to get political. It's been proven that people can be poisoned by Palytoxin. There have been many cases in the history of the hobby, why should this one be fake news? How can you just deny this guy's death?

Imaexpat2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may have been disposing of his corals. Its TEXAS and Texas froze. The corals might have been releasing toxins in their death throes. His tank may have been a noxious soup. That would've lead to heavy exposure, and maybe he wasn't wearing a mask and or eye protection.
Thats what intrigues me about this case more than anything....did he touch them or did they release toxins in the water that made just the water itself a ticking time bomb for the complacent?

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing that amazes me the most about this hobby is the amount of people in it that still don't believe in nor understand how science works. So many people are basically commenting about how you just man up and take the play toxin like a champ like that makes any sense.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to get political. It's been proven that people can be poisoned by Palytoxin. There have been many cases in the history of the hobby, why should this one be fake news? How can you just deny this guy's death?
@ThePurple12 sorry for getting political. You are right about the facts that palytoxin is a poison and that certain marine species that we keep in our tanks produce it. And we need to take precautions when working with our marine species at close quarters.

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think he was denying they are poisonous but more of what actually happened the story is very vague to say the least the only time you hear about these sort of story's the person is usually doing something pretty dumb like boiling rocks with palys

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think he was denying they are poisonous but more of what actually happened the story is very vague to say the least the only time you hear about these sort of story's the person is usually doing something pretty dumb like boiling rocks with palys
You would be aware of the power outage in Texas, would you? Have some decency to this man and his family. The word “dumb” is hurtful and uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back