Heat packs and cooling packs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

litmusdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past I've had good experiences with this service, except for a couple of issues on recent orders:

Mid-may: Ordered 3 corals, two of which came in from Wisconsin. Despite the high being in the low 60s in Oregon where I live, and I can only imagine even colder in Wisconsin, no heat packs were included. My rainbow montipora was DOA and my tri-color Cyphestrea very sickly.

Today: Cleaner shrimp arrived DOA, for some reason cooling packs were included this time, despite the high in Oregon and California both being in the low 70s. The cooling pack was right next to the cleaner shrimp's bag and I attribute his death to that.

Anyway what's up with the heating and cooling packs. This used to be a non issue ordering from them

Reeffraff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can sometimes be tricky to gauge the necessity/quantity of heat/cold packs when shipping to places of different weather conditions than the source. I have had shipments arrive very cold or too warm from a variety of vendors. However I will say that Liveaquaria has committed some especially bad blunders on this front. I ordered some SPS corals last summer (highs in the 90s where I was located). Box arrived with multiple heat packs in it. You could smell the death before even opening it.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past I've had good experiences with this service, except for a couple of issues on recent orders:

Mid-may: Ordered 3 corals, two of which came in from Wisconsin. Despite the high being in the low 60s in Oregon where I live, and I can only imagine even colder in Wisconsin, no heat packs were included. My rainbow montipora was DOA and my tri-color Cyphestrea very sickly.

Today: Cleaner shrimp arrived DOA, for some reason cooling packs were included this time, despite the high in Oregon and California both being in the low 70s. The cooling pack was right next to the cleaner shrimp's bag and I attribute his death to that.

Anyway what's up with the heating and cooling packs. This used to be a non issue ordering from them
@litmusdragon --Apologies for the dated response --we are happy to hear of the good experiences you have had with LiveAquaria. I apologize for your recent losses and concerns with packing--hoping you contacted us for resolution, if not--please do via PM or direct contact to the team.
It can be a little tricky during the change of seasons to predict the proper heating and cooling necessities. Rest assured, each morning thorough evaluations of the weather for each State are done -and from there we plan packing needs for healthy arrivals. As you know, Weather Maps and forecasting are not always spot on and throw us for an occasional loop. Thank you for the inquiry and please never hesitate to reach out to us with any concerns or feedback--We value your loyalty to our brand and look forward to working with you in the future.
Take Care,
LiveAquaria Customer Service

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back