Heater control error

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to setup my reef-pi to control my heater and I am stuck. If I understand correctly Heater Threshold is the target temp? What would I set Hysteresis at? have tried from .05 to 100 and it is always less than the acceptable value. Isn't Hysteresis the high and low set points? If I have a 1 in this field I would expect the temp to swing above/below 75 by 1 degree?

1652793701072.png

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have any experience yet, but have you tried:
- giving the threshold a dot as well, say 75.0 or 75.1
- typing the threshold with the european style: 75,0 and 0,2 ?

Somebody else had a similar problem recently, maybe it is somewhat connected.

OP
OP
D

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the ideas. The threshold isn't the issue. It is the Hysteresis that is stating the value is less than acceptable. A comma doesn't work or any combination of values that I have tried.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the ideas. The threshold isn't the issue. It is the Hysteresis that is stating the value is less than acceptable. A comma doesn't work or any combination of values that I have tried.
I think you might have to enable the chiller option, as you don't want to control anything setup a dummy piece of equipment you can connect to it.

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(...) The threshold isn't the issue. (...)
Well, you never know how it is handled in the background ^^
I had a look at the code and even though I don't quite understand the structure, there are checks and interdependecies against the heater, cooler and certain maximum and minimum temperatures. So @robsworld78 might be right about that Cooler thing. You could try further:
- Retype all settings to make sure they are set to the right value internally (so, delete/change the value, confirm, and set to the old value again)
- Restart Reef-Pi and see if all values are still there.

Another thing that might be usefull: which Reef-Pi version are you using ? That could help @Ranjib to figure it out ^^

OP
OP
D

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you might have to enable the chiller option, as you don't want to control anything setup a dummy piece of equipment you can connect to it.
You are correct. I found the bug on github that explained how to resolve.

Assign equipment or macro to the chiller and give the chiller a threshold. After this you can assign a Hysteresis and save the config. Next disable the chiller and you should be good.

1652871760081.png

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry folks , this is an annoying UI validation bug that I have to fix . It’s not something related to backend logic . The web ui validation has a bug that does not allow saving controller settings without a chiller . :-( , I just have to get the time to fix it

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back