Heater control error

dmsc2fs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I am trying to setup my reef-pi to control my heater and I am stuck. If I understand correctly Heater Threshold is the target temp? What would I set Hysteresis at? have tried from .05 to 100 and it is always less than the acceptable value. Isn't Hysteresis the high and low set points? If I have a 1 in this field I would expect the temp to swing above/below 75 by 1 degree?

1652793701072.png

Top Shelf Aquatics

robsworld78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thank you for the ideas. The threshold isn't the issue. It is the Hysteresis that is stating the value is less than acceptable. A comma doesn't work or any combination of values that I have tried.
I think you might have to enable the chiller option, as you don't want to control anything setup a dummy piece of equipment you can connect to it.

Sral

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
(...) The threshold isn't the issue. (...)
Well, you never know how it is handled in the background ^^
I had a look at the code and even though I don't quite understand the structure, there are checks and interdependecies against the heater, cooler and certain maximum and minimum temperatures. So @robsworld78 might be right about that Cooler thing. You could try further:
- Retype all settings to make sure they are set to the right value internally (so, delete/change the value, confirm, and set to the old value again)
- Restart Reef-Pi and see if all values are still there.

Another thing that might be usefull: which Reef-Pi version are you using ? That could help @Ranjib to figure it out ^^

OP
D

dmsc2fs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I think you might have to enable the chiller option, as you don't want to control anything setup a dummy piece of equipment you can connect to it.
You are correct. I found the bug on github that explained how to resolve.

Assign equipment or macro to the chiller and give the chiller a threshold. After this you can assign a Hysteresis and save the config. Next disable the chiller and you should be good.

1652871760081.png

Tidal Gardens

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Sorry folks , this is an annoying UI validation bug that I have to fix . It’s not something related to backend logic . The web ui validation has a bug that does not allow saving controller settings without a chiller . :-( , I just have to get the time to fix it

Join the movement!

Have you ever had problems with zoanthids "melting" in your tank?

• YES but only with certain zoanthids

Votes: 85 41.3%
  • YES with a lot of different zoanthid types

Votes: 48 23.3%
  • No not at all

Votes: 47 22.8%
  • I don't keep zoanthids

Votes: 24 11.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.0%
Inkbird