Heater question for 75 gallons of total water

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What controller you think with them?
I used an APEX when I used two heaters before and it worked amazingly. But I know that some people use the InkBird ones as well; however, I have never tried one.
You don't necessarily need a controller with your heaters and Eheim's are pretty good at holding their temperature once you calibrate them.

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you keep your house cold you may need more watts. I had 250 watts on my 91 gallon tank. I keep my house at 66 degrees so the heaters could not keep the tank at 78. I bought a 300 watt Ehiem and a 150 watts cobalt neo-temp with an inkbird controller and it’s doing fine. I tried just the 300 watt ehiem on it by itself and it can keep the tempature but it runs almost continually.

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think 2 100w would work and not too small
I use two 200W heaters on my 125 with an Apex controller. Works very will keeping temp within .1 degree F

Whether or not two 100W heaters is enough for your 75 depends on a lot of factors: how many degrees from coolest room temp are you raising your tank temp. For example my tank is in the basement and the temperature is a pretty constant 68 and I keep my tank at 77 so i'm raising 9 degrees from ambient room temp. How much evaporation do you have? More evaporation equals more heat loss. Internal pumps vs external pumps is another factor. Internal pumps will heat the water more than external pumps.

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a canister so I am doing in-line. Otherwise I have had luck with aquaeon pro (black), cobalt, Fluval and eheim.

I’m gonna switch over to in-line though for all but one tAnk.

Back