Heating up saltwater before water change

dope100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Can I put my imagitarium pre mixed salt water box outside so it warms up? Last time it dropped my tank temp during a water change. Will it affect the salt water? Thanks

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is imagitarium ? if the question should you heat up your WC, yes you should.

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about you just drop a heater in there?
9DD23B3C-63CA-4EBC-A98C-67B6C4B10C29.png

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming it's not open to the atmosphere, yes, you can allow ambient temperature to raise the temperature of your water.....but why??? You don't know what you're going to get, and what do you do when the weather changes? Just pick up a heater and warm it up to whatever temperature you keep your tank at. I make 25 gallons for a water change and here's my Brute with 300W heater and pumps.

1659355874837.png

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only potential negative (assuming it's a tightly closed container) would be the sunlight possibly deteriorating the plastic and leaching something into the water... not sure if other effects could take place from sunlight interaction with elemts in the salt... if you keep alcohol in the sun it breaks down into something less than desireable... like everyone else said, just buy a cheap small heater to throw in for a half hour before use. The seasons change so it won't work put all year anyway outside.. also the greenhouse effect may make that water very very warm like inside a car on an 80 degree day can get up to 125 degrees

Goodersgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy my salt water as I just dont have the space to make my own, I buy it in 25 Ltr containers and when water change time comes, I bring the container in and dump a cheap glass heater in for an hour or so and syphon into the tank

Back