Helfrichi Firefish showing discoloration/loss of pigment

Indeva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days ago my firefish started to show two small areas of color loss on one side. Those two spots have grown. He eats like a champ and swims normally, except for when he goes on his random 3 day vacations, but he's done that since I got him. He's been in this tank for 4 months with 2 clowns, 1 YCW, no inverts or anemones. All fins appear to be fine as well. He does sleep in the sand below the rocks, so hopefully he was just stung by something.

Firefish1.jpg

Firefish2.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days ago my firefish started to show two small areas of color loss on one side. Those two spots have grown. He eats like a champ and swims normally, except for when he goes on his random 3 day vacations, but he's done that since I got him. He's been in this tank for 4 months with 2 clowns, 1 YCW, no inverts or anemones. All fins appear to be fine as well. He does sleep in the sand below the rocks, so hopefully he was just stung by something.

Firefish1.jpg

Firefish2.jpg
I'm not sure what that could be...it isn't any of the primary external disease issues. It could just be a sting, like you said...especially being on one side like that. I don't see anything to treat for at the moment.

Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back