Hello all! From the East Sussex in the UK

Snowywood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, new to R2R and also new to saltwater too. I’ve got four other freshwater tanks and have them figured out, but am still learning with saltwater. Currently have in my tank two common clownfish, one pyjama cardinal, purple firefish, two hermit crabs and turbo snails.
I’ve got the Fluval Evo as a starter, it’s been up and running for just over three months. If I like, I’ll go bigger! But as fish are meant to be therapeutic for my anxiety, saltwater is causing me a little anxiety like when my clownfish decided to go up the cleaning tube and gets stuck … hoping he’ll be fine he is out of the tube! I do worry over everything as I want to succeed and when the time comes, I might need help when it’s time for coral though.
One question I would like to ask, what sort of treatments are a must have to hand? I have found with freshwater melafix is the go to and fixes a lot, so I do have that, is there anything that would be recommend (and hope the U.K. has it as we are running out of everything ‍♀️)?
Sorry for the long hello, mid-message panic and help, but thank you ☺️

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, new to R2R and also new to saltwater too. I’ve got four other freshwater tanks and have them figured out, but am still learning with saltwater. Currently have in my tank two common clownfish, one pyjama cardinal, purple firefish, two hermit crabs and turbo snails.
I’ve got the Fluval Evo as a starter, it’s been up and running for just over three months. If I like, I’ll go bigger! But as fish are meant to be therapeutic for my anxiety, saltwater is causing me a little anxiety like when my clownfish decided to go up the cleaning tube and gets stuck … hoping he’ll be fine he is out of the tube! I do worry over everything as I want to succeed and when the time comes, I might need help when it’s time for coral though.
One question I would like to ask, what sort of treatments are a must have to hand? I have found with freshwater melafix is the go to and fixes a lot, so I do have that, is there anything that would be recommend (and hope the U.K. has it as we are running out of everything ‍♀️)?
Welcome! I lost a clown the same way. It went to war with the water change tube every week until it lost by getting jammed in it while I was distracted checking a snail for signs of life.
Hang in there. I’m new too. Just started in March, but the education has been a pleasant challenge.
Everyone has been very helpful here and I hope you have a similar experience.
Just keep swimming!

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to the best place on the net for reefing information.

This place blows away every other site. This is my go to for any questions and information.

A lot of information on here, if you click the eye glass next to the world search in the top right, you can find information on almost anything!

Glad to have you here!

Excited Dance GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome! Glad you joined. Hope your fish is recovering from its tube ride. Fish do the silliest of things

Defer to others as I don't keep any treatments on hand - been lucky all fish healthy and I put them in a little 5 gallon QT tank for observation before they go into my main tank so when that time comes, I'll turn the quarantine tank into a hospital tank (HT).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type article, if you haven't yet found it:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back