Hello all! Green to the saltwater side!

Jlit249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I just picked up my first saltwater tank. I picked up a IM nuvo Fusion 40 gallon. I also got the matching stand and a hydra 26. So I think I got a decent set up to start with. It came with a 150w heater that is hovering around 79 degrees during my cycle. I dosed with fritz pro ammonium chloride and added a full big bottle of Fritz 9. Using premixed saltwater from my local reef store for the interim until I get a RODI system.
mom excited as hell and can’t wait to get this bad boy cycled. Any tips or tricks are welcome! Still need a few more things like a power head soon, I also got a coralife air stone protein skimmer with it so I’ll see how that goes when I get to that point.

I really want to start with a pair of clownfish and get some cleaner shrimps or fire shrimp. As well as a clean up crew.

-future upgrades
• ATO system(Probably d
• good test kit(buying very soon)
• possibly a better skimmer if this one is loud or doesn’t perform well
• more rock to finish the scape
• considering a seneye system or reef pi controller system.

I’m also on the HVAC/r field as a service tech so maybe I’ll meet someone of my kind on here
This is the way.

I’m open to any and all constructive criticism lol, thanks guys I’m very very excited to finally be venturing into this side of the hobby!!

image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Great starter tank! Add a little more rock, you’re gonna need way more surface for all those new coral frags. Best advice right now is take it slow and research research research all things. From the looks of it though you have that covered well! Happy to have ya in the community!
1591232460343.jpeg

OrangeCountyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative marine makes great tanks, my IM lagoon tank just cycled. I’d recommend spending time on your scape before adding any livestock. Get the scape exactly where you want it. Clowns and standard CUC are great for newer tanks but wait a bit for the shrimps. They can be more sensitive to newer tanks. Ohh and I work in the HVAC industry as well

OP
OP
J

Jlit249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative marine makes great tanks, my IM lagoon tank just cycled. I’d recommend spending time on your scape before adding any livestock. Get the scape exactly where you want it. Clowns and standard CUC are great for newer tanks but wait a bit for the shrimps. They can be more sensitive to newer tanks. Ohh and I work in the HVAC industry as well
Yea I definitely need way more, I just figured I can get them in there so bacteria can find their little homes and give me time to get the rock and really get a good scape before I add any livestock. I got that with the tank I let it dry out and started cycling this past weekend, I’m about to order some more soon!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back