Hello all! Green to the saltwater side!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef, and to the hobby!
If I were you, I would wait on the clowns and get the most peaceful fish first, if you are planning on keeping any. And as has been elaborated, I would definatley add a little more rock. :)
Good luck and God bless you!

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Welcome! Highly recommend getting an ATO. I went with an aqua hub DIY Top It Off kit available at BRS. It’s low cost and a fun kit to put together. Mine has been running flawlessly for close to three years.
E0FF35D7-DFEE-4024-9B76-9A5F3C62283C.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I just picked up my first saltwater tank. I picked up a IM nuvo Fusion 40 gallon. I also got the matching stand and a hydra 26. So I think I got a decent set up to start with. It came with a 150w heater that is hovering around 79 degrees during my cycle. I dosed with fritz pro ammonium chloride and added a full big bottle of Fritz 9. Using premixed saltwater from my local reef store for the interim until I get a RODI system.
mom excited as hell and can’t wait to get this bad boy cycled. Any tips or tricks are welcome! Still need a few more things like a power head soon, I also got a coralife air stone protein skimmer with it so I’ll see how that goes when I get to that point.

I really want to start with a pair of clownfish and get some cleaner shrimps or fire shrimp. As well as a clean up crew.

-future upgrades
• ATO system(Probably d
• good test kit(buying very soon)
• possibly a better skimmer if this one is loud or doesn’t perform well
• more rock to finish the scape
• considering a seneye system or reef pi controller system.

I’m also on the HVAC/r field as a service tech so maybe I’ll meet someone of my kind on here
This is the way.

I’m open to any and all constructive criticism lol, thanks guys I’m very very excited to finally be venturing into this side of the hobby!!

image.jpg
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Sounds like a good system you are setting up. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back