Hello All! New to R2R but not reefing

Segalplayer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my name is Gary and I have been in the hobby a while now but took a 2 year break after my 60 gallon reef crashed and I lost my blue tang I had had for 5 years [emoji24]. I hadn’t really done tanks to their true potential and had never properly set up a tank as I bought things of Craigslist since it was cheaper. Now that I came back to the hobby I promised myself I would not continue down that path and have decided to come back starting with a Nano. I chose the Fusion ten after seeing two Wyoming white clownfish in my LFS, one of which (Miss piggy) has a print on her eyes where she looks mad. So I bought the Nuvo ten started the cycle and put the clownfish on hold till the tank was ready.

The tank has been up and running for 9 months now and the live stock consists of two Wyoming whites, 6 snails, Xenia, Orange monti, zooanthids, and a frogspawn oh and a cleaner shrimp
b477134639776a12d65f8bf4dcbd0d84.heic
9da9d0db23ca9062bbd0464a4ba3d2a6.jpg
503d0ae0badb8b5b20c94c38021f9a65.jpg
2d675b0463126079e4a65e4200ea965f.jpg
. Looking at getting two more
Corals on Friday! Thinking Aussie frogspawn for sure! Lmk if you have Any ideas!

-Running the Kessil a80 with controller highest intestine right now is 75%
-Jbj 1/10 chiller
-Mp10 on reef crest one dot up
-6 lbs dry purple rock (can’t remember then
-5 lbs black sand
-inTank media rack with (2 filter floss squares/ sea chem matrix in the middle/ and 2 more filter flosses on the bottom
-Innovative marine desktop reactor with aqua max carbon ( will use rox 0.8 In the future)
-sicce main pump with slipstream nozzle and sicce pump for chiller (1.5’s)
-Innovative marine ATO
-6.5 chemipure

I use Hanna test kits for phosphates, Alkalinity, and calcium. I done with the Red Sea reef foundation.

Salinity- 1.022
Calcium- 398
Alkalinity- 8.4
Phosphates- 18ppb, 0.055ppm working on lowering it

Was doing water changes of a gallon every three days but now switched to one a week. The alk was dropping drastically with the changes, goth have been the LFS I used but have since switched stores. Thanks guys and look forward to what knowledge you guys have to offer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back