Hello all - re entering reef with a 3 gallon

EvilNick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I still keep freshwater planted tanks but have wanted to start a reef again since mine crashed a few years ago. I started with a 1 gallon jar to a 1 gallon nano invert only cube tank. They were on sale so I got myself a 1 gallon and the other half a 3 gallon to set up as a planted beta tank for her office.

After looking at her 3 gallon I decided to up to one of those as well and I'll turn the 1 gallon to something else. I've also gone through a couple different pieces of equipment as well.

3 gallon rimless cube
Mini HOB filter for flow, copes and filtration
Couple live rocks
3 zoa frags, 1 annoying mushroom, 2 gsp frags and 1 candy cane. Nothing overly expensive
2 mini heaters
Generic budget reef light off Amazon but it works
1 dwarf coral banded, 1 red hermit, few snails, green emerald crab, and a pom pom that seems to hide all the time.
PXL_20220917_030002750.MP.jpg

Sailaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I still keep freshwater planted tanks but have wanted to start a reef again since mine crashed a few years ago. I started with a 1 gallon jar to a 1 gallon nano invert only cube tank. They were on sale so I got myself a 1 gallon and the other half a 3 gallon to set up as a planted beta tank for her office.

After looking at her 3 gallon I decided to up to one of those as well and I'll turn the 1 gallon to something else. I've also gone through a couple different pieces of equipment as well.

3 gallon rimless cube
Couple live rocks
3 zoa frags, 1 annoying mushroom, 2 gsp frags and 1 candy cane. Nothing overly expensive
2 mini heaters
1 dwarf coral banded, 1 red hermit, few snails, green emerald crab, and a pom pom that seems to hide all the time.
This is awesome! You should make a build thread.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

3 gallon rimless cube
Couple live rocks
2 mini heaters
What an awesome set up! Do you mind sharing how much you have spent getting the 3 gallon up and running? Is there anything you would do differently?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back