Hello buddy the elf what's your favorite lfs.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed shipping delays and challenges. This has shown how important they are and the vital role they have in our hobby. What's your favorite local fish store(s) and why.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two favorite are The corner reef and gateway aquatics.
TCR is just sw. Amazing colors verity and knowledge. I love the fact they have a wide verity of inventory used and new. Knowledge is amazing.

Gateway aquatics is a fish store. Fw and sw. Ponds to reefs. Selection of coral is amazing and so are the dry goods. Catch them right you can find buy so many get one free. Knowledge is amazing.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aquatic Critter in Nashville TN, hands down!
Spotless tanks, very healthy livestock ( fish, corals and inverts ).
The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. If you need equipment, chances are pretty good that they have it on hand.
Its about a 45 minute drive from our home and we go almost every Saturday morning.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While my "LFS" is a 2 hour drive one way, I would not call them a "favorite".

My favorite LFS's are at least a 4 1/2 hour drive one way to Rochester, or Buffalo. @A Reef Creation , And Salt water paradise are my 2 favorite. One for fish, and the other for coral.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My favorite LFS is @WWC (yes, they are local to me). The knowledgeable staff, the quality livestock, and the amazing facilities are wonderful!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm jealous that you guys have lfs. As far as I know to get to anyplace that sales saltwater fish or coral (besides petco) i have at least a 6 hour round trip. I do try to find reasons to make it to Charlotte, NC to go to Nemo's Reef and I may start finding reasons to start going on trips just south of Cincinnati, Oh to go to Discover Aquatics.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two favorite are The corner reef and gateway aquatics.
Ditto, but they're 2 hours away. We only make the journey every couple of months. We'll be going on Saturday.

#MODS can you add an e so it says hello in the title. I can't fix
Okay. I get it now. I was wondering who that Hell Buddy Elf was. Sounds kinda shady. ;)

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M

Max_nano

View Badges
I like Neptune aquatics in San Jose and aquatic collection in Hayward. We’re lucky in the SF Bay Area to have those great stores, I believe there are some other great options but I have been sticking to what I know so I can make trips quicker.

The owners interact a bit on our local forum and are very nice people. I miss being able to chat with them and learn from the success they have with their tanks.

here are two pics from the tanks at Neptune. One of the nem tanks filled with black windows, and a higher end tank just filled with trachy. That’s where I got the one in my profile pic.
Be sure to support your LFS!
C1E05331-A5B9-4B64-A6B1-73FDD4F9DC3D.jpeg 43550957-36ED-4A36-874A-F3B76F1C7226.jpeg

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Neptune aquatics in San Jose and aquatic collection in Hayward. We’re lucky in the SF Bay Area to have those great stores, I believe there are some other great options but I have been sticking to what I know so I can make trips quicker.

The owners interact a bit on our local forum and are very nice people. I miss being able to chat with them and learn from the success they have with their tanks.

here are two pics from the tanks at Neptune. One of the nem tanks filled with black windows, and a higher end tank just filled with trachy. That’s where I got the one in my profile pic.
Be sure to support your LFS!
C1E05331-A5B9-4B64-A6B1-73FDD4F9DC3D.jpeg 43550957-36ED-4A36-874A-F3B76F1C7226.jpeg
Beautiful

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gateway, corner reef & seascape studio are the closest to me and I go there the most. I like them ALL. I’m very fortunate to have a good selection of nice fish stores within an hours drive. Hope you find something good this weekend @Auquanut!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any favorite lfs from the Pittsburgh, PA area? I will be up there this weekend but the one I wanted to visit the most, The Reef Gallery, is closed the day I'm available to go. But I'll still probably check out a few of them.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any favorite lfs from the Pittsburgh, PA area? I will be up there this weekend but the one I wanted to visit the most, The Reef Gallery, is closed the day I'm available to go. But I'll still probably check out a few of them.
Please report back and tell us how it was. @Auquanut I hope you find what your looking for and some gems you went.

cassilyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our favorite LFS is Fish 'n Phipps here in Alamogordo, NM. They can and will order most any fish we want for about the same price you pay online. They have a great staff that, if they don't know something, they will find out. And they're just great folks!

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our favorite LFS is Fish 'n Phipps here in Alamogordo, NM. They can and will order most any fish we want for about the same price you pay online. They have a great staff that, if they don't know something, they will find out. And they're just great folks!
Its great to have a lfs that is willing to work with you.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back