Hello fellow Reefers!! back in after a 4.5 year break.

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, As the title says I'm back in the hobby once again after 4.5 year break! I gotten bit by the bug and couldn't resist I've been doing so much research and dedicating so much time into it that we finally pulled the trigger on a RedSea Max E-260 LED Complete Reef System (69 Gal)! I was so torn between the 250 deluxe and this one... But I made my mind, bought this one and a few items to go along with it such as rock and sand. bought 40lbs of sand (Figi pink) to be exact. I am still trying to regain all my memory from the past tanks I had, but its been a while. so not sure if 40lbs is gonna be allot. it will more or less turn into a fully blown SPS tank, but for now.. LPS and ZOA dominated to start out with till I get back into everything and fully adjust. the tank should be here in about a week and a half or something of that nature since it is getting drop shipped. tomorrow I will be receiving my Marine Depot rock and other items from the UPS truck. so I will be getting started on my ROCKSCAPE I bought 100lbs just to insure myself of how much I'm gonna need to use and what I will be breaking up to turn into the AQUASCAPE!! I'm so STOKED and cannot wait till I am able to show my fellow addicted reefers such as myself. thanks for anyone who does a warm welcoming. and hello again to you all! thanks for taking the time to read my mumbo jumbo of a book right here! much love!

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back my friend.Yes things have changed a lot in the past few years.The good thing is that R2R has taken off and there is an answer here to any question you may have.
You may want to share your location.It is a great way to meet local R2R members who may become life long friends in this hobby as well as help on a local level.
Thanks for joining us and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A$AP-Reefer

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby. I was out for just over 13 years. Nice choice on the tank and we look forward to loads of photos.
Share and like often.
Welcome back!

And welcome to R2R as well!
Welcome back my friend.Yes things have changed a lot in the past few years.The good thing is that R2R has taken off and there is an answer here to any question you may have.
You may want to share your location.It is a great way to meet local R2R members who may become life long friends in this hobby as well as help on a local level.
Thanks for joining us and enjoy the ride.

thanks allot guys, wow 13years! that's such a long time. but hey time is time and its great to have you back as well. this is my first redsea tank. im so nervous I feel like I've forgotten everything about the hobby. I was into high-end acros and zoas back then.. seems as if everything has changed over 5 years, I was trying to find info on this tank within the forums and cant seem to find anything helpful. have you used or know anyone who uses this tank ? idk if I made the right decision for the tank. but its on its way already and purchased so nothing I can do but shoot for the best. I will most certainly be posting tons of photos! Ill be eat, sleep and breath coral. l0l

Last edited:

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8C08657D-B226-4722-B5D2-0F3FA2C9075D.gif

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back