Hello from Colorado. Brand new to Reefing!

GrowlingTea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

My name is Josh. I am from Colorado and am in the military. I am going to college to get my criminal justice degree to be a police officer after I get out of the military. I have a huge fascination and love for the ocean and everything in it since I can ever remember so what an amazing way to show my amazement and love I have for our oceans than to bring a small piece of it into my home. I've had a few 10g freshwater tanks in the past so my experience is minimal. I have wanted a saltwater tank for years now and finally have the money and, considering I just bought a house, the room to build one. I have a 40g terrarium that I water tested and passed that I am converting into my aquarium. I am DIYing a stand soon and would also like to DIY a sump after a learn more. I am not planning on putting livestock in my tank for at least a few months because I want to do this the right way. I'm starting with a 40g tank to gain some experience then I will transfer to a larger tank and convert my 40g to a sump for the larger tank, but that is getting way ahead of myself. I am reading through tons of information on the forum as well as reading the supreme guide and that guide is spectacular! I can't wait to talk to everyone and learn more everyday!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tumblr_o3y4pherIa1s3h43ko1_500.gif

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome! May I ask how you found us?

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find it quite useful. There are a ton of great folks here to help out and teach us a lot. We all need help with different things and when you find yourself up against a challenge, I can guarantee you that somebody else here has already dealt with the same trouble in one way or the other.

OP
OP
G

GrowlingTea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! May I ask how you found us?

I discovered R2R after I decided to google a few questions I had about starting up an aquarium. That google search brought me to a link to a thread on the site. After going through a few threads I realized there was an app to the forum and I thought it would be a great way to easily access the info on the forum as well as keep up on all the live updates with the community here, which I have realized is very active, and I knew I wanted to be a part of it!

OP
OP
G

GrowlingTea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone, so much, for the welcoming. I’m annoying my wife with how much I have spent on this forum but there’s no shame on my end! I can’t wait to learn more and get started with my tank. As soon as I learn enough to take my first physical step toward setting up the tank, I want to begin a build thread!

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh, indeed thank you for your service. Glad you found R2R lots of good people and info here. Everyone is supportive and all questions are welcome. Idk if there is a reef club near you but if there is then they can be a great help. Do you want a reef from the get go or are you going to start with fish only? I would suggest starting with just fish. That way you can enjoy your tank while researching a reef. Good luck.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back