Hello from Colorado. Brand new to Reefing!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by GrowlingTea, Dec 26, 2017.

1. GrowlingTea

GrowlingTea Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Josh. I am from Colorado and am in the military. I am going to college to get my criminal justice degree to be a police officer after I get out of the military. I have a huge fascination and love for the ocean and everything in it since I can ever remember so what an amazing way to show my amazement and love I have for our oceans than to bring a small piece of it into my home. I've had a few 10g freshwater tanks in the past so my experience is minimal. I have wanted a saltwater tank for years now and finally have the money and, considering I just bought a house, the room to build one. I have a 40g terrarium that I water tested and passed that I am converting into my aquarium. I am DIYing a stand soon and would also like to DIY a sump after a learn more. I am not planning on putting livestock in my tank for at least a few months because I want to do this the right way. I'm starting with a 40g tank to gain some experience then I will transfer to a larger tank and convert my 40g to a sump for the larger tank, but that is getting way ahead of myself. I am reading through tons of information on the forum as well as reading the supreme guide and that guide is spectacular! I can't wait to talk to everyone and learn more everyday!

Idoc, JonPhillips, NY_Caveman and 5 others like this.
    Tags:

2. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones Millepora Maniac Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Welcome to R2R! welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif tumblr_o3y4pherIa1s3h43ko1_500.gif

Idoc, dbl, sphack and 5 others like this.
  3. kschweer

kschweer Zoas!!! Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 NJRC Member

Welcome!!

Idoc, dbl, ourcoralreef and 4 others like this.
  4. Lovemyreef2015

Lovemyreef2015 Reefing Mom! R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Hospitality Award

Welcome to R2R, and thank you for your service.

5. KJ

KJ Road Warrior R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award ETRC Member

Welcome to R2R!!!

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to R2R Josh.

7. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Cyber Monday Sponsor

Welcome! May I ask how you found us?

Idoc, dbl, KJ and 4 others like this.
  8. A_game43

A_game43 Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Josh Welcome to R2R, great group of people. Thank you many times over for serving this great country!!!

Idoc, dbl, KJ and 4 others like this.
  9. DaveMorris

DaveMorris MACNA2016 Co-Chair R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find it quite useful. There are a ton of great folks here to help out and teach us a lot. We all need help with different things and when you find yourself up against a challenge, I can guarantee you that somebody else here has already dealt with the same trouble in one way or the other.

Idoc, dbl, Lovemyreef2015 and 4 others like this.
  10. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Hey Josh, welcome to R2R

Idoc, dbl, Lovemyreef2015 and 3 others like this.
  11. Fin

Fin Tank Status: Still Dry R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Louisiana Reef Club

welcometo_Reef2Reef.gif

Idoc, dbl, Lovemyreef2015 and 4 others like this.
  12. GrowlingTea

GrowlingTea Member

I discovered R2R after I decided to google a few questions I had about starting up an aquarium. That google search brought me to a link to a thread on the site. After going through a few threads I realized there was an app to the forum and I thought it would be a great way to easily access the info on the forum as well as keep up on all the live updates with the community here, which I have realized is very active, and I knew I wanted to be a part of it!

13. ourcoralreef

ourcoralreef Valuable Member

Welcome

Idoc, dbl, Lovemyreef2015 and 2 others like this.
  14. GrowlingTea

GrowlingTea Member

Thank you everyone, so much, for the welcoming. I’m annoying my wife with how much I have spent on this forum but there’s no shame on my end! I can’t wait to learn more and get started with my tank. As soon as I learn enough to take my first physical step toward setting up the tank, I want to begin a build thread!

Idoc, dbl, KJ and 2 others like this.
  15. Daltrey

Daltrey Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

Welcome! I also setup my first tank while living on the east coast and serving in the Navy some 20 years ago. The 40 breeder is a perfect size to start with.

Idoc, dbl, Lovemyreef2015 and 3 others like this.
  16. TriggerCorals

TriggerCorals Member

Welcome.

17. MBX5

MBX5 Active Member Build Thread Contributor

Welcome and thanks for your service.

18. reef lover

reef lover It's a reef thing.... R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Hudson Valley Reef Keepers

Welcome!!

Idoc, dbl and Lovemyreef2015 like this.
  19. Lninwa

Lninwa Active Member

Josh, indeed thank you for your service. Glad you found R2R lots of good people and info here. Everyone is supportive and all questions are welcome. Idk if there is a reef club near you but if there is then they can be a great help. Do you want a reef from the get go or are you going to start with fish only? I would suggest starting with just fish. That way you can enjoy your tank while researching a reef. Good luck.

Idoc, dbl and Lovemyreef2015 like this.
  20. Lninwa

Lninwa Active Member

Oh I forgot to ask what is the supreme guide?

Draft saved Draft deleted