Hello from Colorado. Brand new to Reefing!

OP
OP
G

GrowlingTea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh, indeed thank you for your service. Glad you found R2R lots of good people and info here. Everyone is supportive and all questions are welcome. Idk if there is a reef club near you but if there is then they can be a great help. Do you want a reef from the get go or are you going to start with fish only? I would suggest starting with just fish. That way you can enjoy your tank while researching a reef. Good luck.

I was thinking I’d start with a fish only with live rock! Seemed the best route with the biological filter capabilities and the minimal upkeep of live rock. I’m actually kind of nervous to put coral in but I think I’ll be fine after more research. The supreme guide is an awesomely extensive guide to setting up a tank here on the forum written by @revhtree. It covers so much and has been extremely helpful so far.

MBX5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of Colorado? We have a few clubs in the state and a few great stores to help with getting going.

OP
OP
G

GrowlingTea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of Colorado? We have a few clubs in the state and a few great stores to help with getting going.

I’m from the Colorado Springs area but wouldn’t mind a trip up to Denver to meet some people and take a look inside some stores. There are so many more options in Denver than there are in the Springs.

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, man! I’ve got a 75g, stand, and sump I’m trying to get off my hands...Rifle, CO 75 is that perfect ULM balance if your into that soft of thing Haha

OP
OP
G

GrowlingTea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, man! I’ve got a 75g, stand, and sump I’m trying to get off my hands...Rifle, CO 75 is that perfect ULM balance if your into that soft of thing Haha

Thanks for the offer! I think I’m gonna stick with building everything myself to get that experience and also to stay within a reasonable budget. But thanks for the offer and I bet you’ll get that thing sold in no time!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Thanks for your service!

Please keep us posted with your build with lots of photos! :)

MBX5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know any of the shops down that way. Check the local Colorado forum. Make sure to try and make it up this way for ReefStock in Feb.

OP
OP
G

GrowlingTea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
G

GrowlingTea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know any of the shops down that way. Check the local Colorado forum. Make sure to try and make it up this way for ReefStock in Feb.

I had no idea there was such a thing but sounds awesome! I’ll see if my work schedule agrees with me going!

OP
OP
G

GrowlingTea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news! I just found out of the weekend that my aunt and uncle have some hand me down equipment from their old aquariums they put away a couple years ago. I’m going over to their place this weekend to take a look at everything. Not only will that put me ahead of schedule I’m getting some equipment because buying their unwanted stuff will make it cheaper for me but I also now have someone in town for help setting up if I need it! Keep an eye out for my build thread coming sooner than expected!

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Retired military here and started my tank build a year ago! Keep reading the forum, it's full of information. Make sure you start a tank build thread in the member's tank section.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back