Hello from the mountains of North Carolina!

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy (5).gif

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My name is Travis and I am new to the saltwater/reef aquarium hobby. I got into it earlier in 2020, as my son is really into aquatic life and I mentioned, offhand, that I always thought it would be cool to have a saltwater aquarium tank, but that it was "too hard." Well, the stars aligned and in the summer of 2020 I started my first saltwater aquarium - a 10 gallon FOWLR tank. I have learned a lot over the last several months with that tank (unfortunately, I learned about quarantining fish the hard way). Even with setbacks, I have really enjoyed it. So I have taken the plunge and am working on getting a 30 gallon cube set up in our living room. I am taking my time, as I really want to get this tank right, as I plan on introducing some corals to it at some point.

I am looking forward to growing in the hobby and enjoying seeing what everyone else is up to, and more importantly, learning from everyone.

Thanks!

Travis
Hello Travis and welcome to the channel.

twolittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My name is Travis and I am new to the saltwater/reef aquarium hobby. I got into it earlier in 2020, as my son is really into aquatic life and I mentioned, offhand, that I always thought it would be cool to have a saltwater aquarium tank, but that it was "too hard." Well, the stars aligned and in the summer of 2020 I started my first saltwater aquarium - a 10 gallon FOWLR tank. I have learned a lot over the last several months with that tank (unfortunately, I learned about quarantining fish the hard way). Even with setbacks, I have really enjoyed it. So I have taken the plunge and am working on getting a 30 gallon cube set up in our living room. I am taking my time, as I really want to get this tank right, as I plan on introducing some corals to it at some point.

I am looking forward to growing in the hobby and enjoying seeing what everyone else is up to, and more importantly, learning from everyone.

Thanks!

Travis
Hello and Good Morning Travis!
I’m from North Carolina too. And very new to saltwater aquariuming. I’m in the Piedmont area about 45 mins north of Charlotte. I haven’t even been in this forum for 24 hours yet and I can tell you I already love the people here. I hope you feel as welcomed as I have. Have a Blessed Day

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back