fishwelcome.png

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My name is Eddie, I live right outside of Boston, MA and I'm active as Edward in the Boston Reefers Society for those of you from the area. I currently have both salt and freshwater aquariums, both of which are 20 gallons. My freshwater aquarium is a rimless shallow 20 gallon pond with both aquatic and terrestrial plants and showcases a pair of "Triple Red" apisto cichlids with various other fish rounding out their community.

My saltwater tank is a 20 gallon (H) that currently houses 2 percula clown fish or so I was told; I'll find the time and patience to count their dorsal spines someday o_O. I finally have this tank stable and cycled after months of issues and lots of money spent on new salt and some really awesome new equipment...come to find out I had grabbed the wrong refractometer from my home laboratory (I'm a professional brewer and a microbe/plant geneticist) and had been using an hold homebrew refractometer for two months. After spending $20 on a new refractometer, the gravity was brought down (from over 1.045) slowly as to not kill the fish who somehow survived this ordeal. Boy did I feel dumb with the background I have hahahaha.

I look forward to being active here sharing what I'm doing, learning and giving advice along the way!

Eddie
Welcome happy your here. I'm very surprised at that salinity I would've expected dead fish however never had mine that high to find out glad your fish made it and your on the right track.

Kaljaxias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My name is Eddie, I live right outside of Boston, MA and I'm active as Edward in the Boston Reefers Society for those of you from the area. I currently have both salt and freshwater aquariums, both of which are 20 gallons. My freshwater aquarium is a rimless shallow 20 gallon pond with both aquatic and terrestrial plants and showcases a pair of "Triple Red" apisto cichlids with various other fish rounding out their community.

My saltwater tank is a 20 gallon (H) that currently houses 2 percula clown fish or so I was told; I'll find the time and patience to count their dorsal spines someday o_O. I finally have this tank stable and cycled after months of issues and lots of money spent on new salt and some really awesome new equipment...come to find out I had grabbed the wrong refractometer from my home laboratory (I'm a professional brewer and a microbe/plant geneticist) and had been using an hold homebrew refractometer for two months. After spending $20 on a new refractometer, the gravity was brought down (from over 1.045) slowly as to not kill the fish who somehow survived this ordeal. Boy did I feel dumb with the background I have hahahaha.

I look forward to being active here sharing what I'm doing, learning and giving advice along the way!

Eddie
Welcome! Born and raised, Mansfield.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back