Hello! I got my first reef aquarium-related item last week

Ashibashi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a 5 stage RODI system and after a lot of wrangling I managed to get it working. Very pleased with it.

I'm planning on setting up a 55 gallon and building a stand myself. I'm mostly interested in corals, I love the color and the movement.

Im also actually kind of looking forward to the sound of moving water, I usually have to play noise on my phone to sleep but I'm going to deliberately get a HOB filter for the water sounds. Im really looking forward to getting to watch coralline algae develop and the corals grow. Im do biochemistry for a living and really get a lot out of nurturing hobbies - dogs, houseplants and the like. Not sure how this hobby managed to escape my attention for so long - both chemistry and growing things? I can hardly think about anything else!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R.
You won't find too many people in the hobby that want their aquarium to make any sound. Most people's goal is for their aquarium to be as silent as possible.
My aquarium makes noise from the water going down the overflow and I like the sound, as long as it doesn't sound like a toilet flushing.

OP
OP
A

Ashibashi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing is my favourite thing! Hope you have a smooth journey. Here are some newbie tips: don’t add different bacteria, always know what your buying and have patience!
Don't add different bacteria? Do you mean those l
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

Thanks! I've been watching sooo many YouTube videos for weeks now haha, I love the brstv series. They're such a good resource

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back