Hello! I welcome you to my journey.

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Im currently building my AIO tank as the silicone is setting. Right now my 2 clowns (Pochi and Nami), a frag of GSP and my turbo snail (Thunder) is in a 10 gallon tank for more or less the last month and Ill be transferring them in a few days! Hope you guys can follow through and help me in this event.

10 gallon temporary tank :
1625063782852.png

Ignore the bag at the back of the tank as I put it there to cycle the bio media for my new tank haha

The new 20 gallon AIO tank :
1625063445943.png

Quite proud of the acrylic and silicone word I had done.
Tape at the front is just for me to aquascape later hehe.

Heres technically how Im going to move them.

Steps :
1. Prepare tank (check if working properly)
2. Prepare RODI water
3. Mix salt in aquarium (not to fill fully with new water as I will mix some of the old water to the new aquarium)
4. Prepare buckets for:
a) rocks and corals
b) fish
c) sand(?)
5. Add sand
6. Scape with rocks
7. Add fish

The "sand(?)" part is just me thinking if I should just put the sand and the rocks in the same bucket haha

If you've got any comments of tips in regards of moving an aquarium, please tell me!! This is my first move ever and this 10 gallon tank is also my first ever saltwater tank so... quite nerve wrecking haha.

Thanks and enjoy in advance!

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your tank glass and the overflow/back partition acrylic? .. . or is the entire tank made of acrylic? Not so sure that silicone would be advisable for an entirely acrylic tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your tank glass and the overflow/back partition acrylic? .. . or is the entire tank made of acrylic? Not so sure that silicone would be advisable for an entirely acrylic tank.
The tank is made of glass while the overflow is made of acrylic. Ive bonded the baffels to the overflow with acrylic glue AND silicone too. Whereas I just bonded the acrylic to glass with silicone only. Should be okay right?

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is made of glass while the overflow is made of acrylic. Ive bonded the baffels to the overflow with acrylic glue AND silicone too. Whereas I just bonded the acrylic to glass with silicone only. Should be okay right?
Sounds and looks good! Please keep us posted on your progress!

OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The transfer is done!!!

1625308993254.png
1625309015030.png

Am really satisfied with the scape. Sorry for the bluish colour as I dont have a cover lens for my camera.
Pochi and Nami seem to be very happy in their new tank. Still abit stressed out, spitting out food etc. Should be fine in a few days! Im planning on adding some Pulsing Xenias on the top of the vertical rock at the front somewhere, maybe a Zoa garden near the flat rock on the substrate. Surely going to add some hammer corals or bubble corals at the top of the arc right there. Any comments on these corals stockings? is it good? any better ideas? Ill be pleasured to see your opinion in my choices of corals. Should I and an anemone for my clowns? Thanks in advance.

Ill also be adding a yellow watchman goby with a tiger shrimp into the tank in the near future, just gonna let this tank age for a while and we'll see when I can add them. Also thinking of adding a hermit or something. Once thought of adding a 6 lined wrasse but people seem to avoid them in a small tank cause they can get really aggressive.

Question :
1625309088976.png
1625309109411.png

My GSP frag has been stuck at this state for 2 days now since I put him in and has not really opened fully, any ideas on why and how can I fix this problem?

Back