Hello! I'm Lindsey...LOVE Saltwater/Reef tanks after keeping freshwater for a long, long time. (what took me so long?!)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Lindsey...and I have jumped head first into the Saltwater/Reef hobby. I have kept freshwater tanks for a long time including breeding bettas and selling them on aquabid back in the late 90's (my age is showing) and eventually got bored with it (the freshwater). Then I figured out aquascaping wasn't my forte....so saltwater was my next step and I was hesitant but curious to try for a long time.

I currently have a 28 gallon JBJ Nano Cube Wifi with the wavemaker, and a Sea Clear 40 Gallon Acrylic with a 20 gallon sump (and also about 12 20gal-40gal freshwater tanks). Nothing crazy yet in the tanks, they are both fairly new....but I have already installed a tankless R/O system under my kitchen sink, and basically all my money and time now goes towards this hobby... but I wouldn't want it any other way! Happy to be here :)
Hi Lindsey and Welcome!

I'm Lisa and glad you joined. Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might even do multiple threads, one for each saltwater and freshwater tank. As you've been seeing, a lot of saltwater people also do freshwater. You came to the right website.

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Lindsey...and I have jumped head first into the Saltwater/Reef hobby. I have kept freshwater tanks for a long time including breeding bettas and selling them on aquabid back in the late 90's (my age is showing) and eventually got bored with it (the freshwater). Then I figured out aquascaping wasn't my forte....so saltwater was my next step and I was hesitant but curious to try for a long time.

I currently have a 28 gallon JBJ Nano Cube Wifi with the wavemaker, and a Sea Clear 40 Gallon Acrylic with a 20 gallon sump (and also about 12 20gal-40gal freshwater tanks). Nothing crazy yet in the tanks, they are both fairly new....but I have already installed a tankless R/O system under my kitchen sink, and basically all my money and time now goes towards this hobby... but I wouldn't want it any other way! Happy to be here :)
Welcome to R2R!!!

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome
6BCEADA5-F0A4-466C-AEE9-889F53514D13.jpeg

Dj5095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to reef2reef,reeftanks are so amazing

Dewman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to the salty side!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back