Hello. LFS reveiws??

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all manasota doesnt seem to busy on r2r i figure ill put this out there to see if there are any members still active in my area. What LFS's have you been too? Lets see what stores are here and what you all think of them.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about Manasota, but there is a pretty active group in Ft. Myers, not too far.

OP
OP
mckinleyw

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about Manasota, but there is a pretty active group in Ft. Myers, not too far.

cool. I am from Myakka and there are a few stores in Bradenton/Sarasota that I frequent. I was wondering if there were others that I haven't heard of. we recently had a couple close shop. :( My favorite in my area is Frag Freak in Sarasota. The people that run this place are awesome. They know most of their stuff, but they are not afraid to listen to others experience and knowledge. they have a great coral collection which a lot of them they frag from their own personal tanks. There is also seascape. Another good one. they are an all around pet store, yet they have a good looking saltwater section that looks well taken care of. The people working there are knowledgeable enough for dealing with all the other pets as well. I personally wouldn't try to ask them a bunch of technical questions but im not scared to purchase their stock.
one more store here that I visit weekly is living oceans. this store is run by a very friendly gentleman and his wife, they carry a lot of goods and livestock. I would be iffy on getting their livestock but still a cool store to go to. I know if I need dry goods they will 95% have what I need.

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in Cape Coral and I frequent Aquarium and Reef Center. They're not going to blow your socks off but they are solid and have been in business for years ( They've special ordered stuff for me in the past with good success) . Boardroom Aquatics is in Fort Myers and is good family owned shop too, ask for Rich if you go.

rferraro21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 frag freak in Sarasota, it's only 2 miles from my house which is even better

OP
OP
mckinleyw

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not really local but i visited wwc while at reefapalooza and all i can say is WOW!! Everything they have looks amazing. The staff is awesome. Very helpful. I just spent all my funds at reefapalooza so i couldnt buy anything yet they were more than willing to talk to me and answer questions. Great place and cant wait to ho back and pick up some amazing corals.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back