hello new to R2R and the hobby

joel marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Joel and I am new to the hobby. I have a 90 gallon tank, a ruby red 36 sump, skimz leopard SL 183 DC , Premium LED technology Verve by Giesemann X2, as well as 50 lbs of reef saver rocks from bulk reef supply. I will be getting a fan and return pump soon. I am just looking for advice on the right approach on how to get everything up and running the proper way. please no negative comments Thank you and I look forward to hearing all your different ideas.

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to r2r

patrick.gif

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
J

joel marrero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group and the best advice I can give is to go slow, take your time and learn about what and why. Only bad things happen fast.
I Agree about going slow I have been buying stuff for about 1 year now to make sure I get good quality equipment that will get the job done properly any recommendations on any good books or anything that can help out as well?

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Lots of great info here that folks linked up and still just about anything under the sea is covered somewhere :) Lots of smart helpful folks willing to share and help others to succeed as well. For books tons out there I like th reef aquarium vol 1-3 but they are like reading school text books dry but geeky and only old copies online at some high prices. I’m sure others can recommend some newer books that can scratch the itch. Look forward to seeing your tank come alive

23C43C90-43C2-4700-A9FB-00CB5D783823.jpeg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Agree about going slow I have been buying stuff for about 1 year now to make sure I get good quality equipment that will get the job done properly any recommendations on any good books or anything that can help out as well?
Welcome to R2R! I couldn't find any updated books when i started out. The best resource are the R2R articles and search function!

Hybrid Ken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The reef aquarium is one series of books that can be found on Amazon that is available. It is a three part series

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back