Hello NOOB here with Reefer 250 starting my journal

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You put all that stuff in your tank after it had been running less than a week? Only advice I have is stay close to the tank and check your parameters very often. When you introduce livestock you normally do it slowly so it doesn't shock the system that you have created inside the tank... and that's on an established fully cycled tank. On your tank that you just put water in and started up I would advise a lot of prayer and a good dipping net for when stuff start freaking out. You may want to go ahead and set up a hospital tank also so that you can medicate anything that brought a virus. I know you got the all from the same LFS but if they didn't all come from the same tank and you didn't do any kind if quarantine then you are sure to be asking for trouble. I'm not wishing any ill will on you, I just want you to be prepared for the worst. In this hobby patience is your most important tool and add that many fish and coral to an uncycled tank is only asking for trouble.. and possibly a big hit to your wallet. Keep in mind that if the wrong bacteria gets into your tank you will have to hear the entire thing down to get rid if it. And with no good bacteria in the tank as soon as all those fish start pooping everywhere your ammonia is gonna go through the roof. So also be prepared to do a lot of water changes in a hurry

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hope so too thanks for your advice. should i check once or twice a day?

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok perfect will do
Also i will be buying an Apex Controller which one would you recommend and what features does it have

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have made my mind up to get a controller looking at the apex with wifi if i get it what modules should i get for my AI Hydra 26 HD as well as the vector pump?

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update
I ordered the apex today should be getting it anytime soon
Fish are doing great and coral as well except for a frogspawn head that died
My parameters are as follow
Salinity 1.024
Alk 9
Calcium 380
Mag 1350
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
ph 8.3

Also @N2DEEP im Jorge from the LFS this is my tank journal any advice would be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post some pictures of the tank tomorrow its coming along great even though the big mistake i did
In other news i just bought my plane tickets to New Orleans and will be attending MACNA next month super exited about it
hope to see you guys there

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a little update of my tank everything seems to be doing great!!! also a big shout out to @Miami's FInest Aquariums for making it possible!!
Hope you guys like how it is doing
also if some of you could help me identify the corals would be greatly appreciated
IMG_8279.JPG
IMG_8280.JPG
IMG_8281.JPG
IMG_8282.JPG
IMG_8283.JPG
IMG_8284 2.JPG
IMG_8285.JPG
IMG_8286.JPG
IMG_8287.JPG
IMG_8288.JPG
IMG_8289.JPG

Sppf121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking good. Your corals look very nice and I really like the yellow torch. Your Duncan coral may give you problems down the road. It seems really close to the frogspawn coral. I did that and they did not seem to like each other... Just a heads up. Looks like everything is going very well for you.

OP
OP
jordimex

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking good. Your corals look very nice and I really like the yellow torch. Your Duncan coral may give you problems down the road. It seems really close to the frogspawn coral. I did that and they did not seem to like each other... Just a heads up. Looks like everything is going very well for you.
Thank you very much i did move the duncan further away from the frogspawn glad you like how everything is going will update as soon as i get back home had to come to Mexico for a week

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 92 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back