Hello SPS keepers- where would you mount an MP60 QD on this reef tank?

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have 2 wav pumps and 2 Gyres on the back wall...

15906744567341429113363.jpg

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cube, so maybe I can help. I have two tunzes on the back wall pointing to the opposite front corner. I placed my ecotech mp10 bottom left side panel about 6 inches from bottom to shoot water across he back. I have it in detritus removal mode. Works great to keep the detritus from collecting along the back wall. My tank is a 60 cube 24x24x24 with overflow in middle of back wall.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response my tank is not a cube it's a peninsula it is 60" long 36" wide and 24" tall

I'd have some type of flow scraping the back of the tank to keep the detritus from settling, especially because you are pushing all the water to the front.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put them opposite of the ones you currently have even if it doesn’t look as good, or at least one. Some sps is really good at growing in the direction of flow of its all coming from one side.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 72x26x24 peninsula. I have my MP60’s on opposite ends of the tank. I didn’t want it that way originally, but with SPS dominant, I’d rather have the best flow and know that the power head on the opposite side is serving a purpose.

flabryth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too much flow?? thought that was not possible in SPS reef :)
"that is the saying"...but you have four really good pumps in your system now. is not always about the volume but it can be about the efficiency. see if you can create different angles of flow (turbulence). this should help with the nutrient exchange in the tank. I would upgrade pumps not add to it...you have a pretty clean looking tank. it is also about the presentation...to many pumps gonna take away from the corals and fish. heck you could even put a random flow nozzle on your return line to add to the turbulence.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back